• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any Ipswich/Suffolk Bashers?

stretch

how many of you guys meet there?? i normally go to the thetford bash, but landseer park is the same distance as there, about 40 miles or so, so i may be interested for a bash too, but i like the jumps so i would want to go on the bmx track, :D plus jonnyboi is my mate, so we might be able to go together, and maybe Dockray Nitro Racing, as we all live near each other :D

There is also quite a good place in Colchester, near McDonalds and PC World, behind all that there is like a pieve of wasteland, many people walk their dogs on it etc.. but there is quite a cool bowl sort of thing there, i went there a few years ago when my cousin had his hyper 7, its quite good, i am pretty sure people are allowed on it, i think its just the motocross bikes the police get peeved off with ;) just an idea :D

Edited by RooBoonix

Hello buddy

I also live in Ipswich and have been trying to find the perfect place to bash for months and months lol

I often use the bmx track but it has always been during the week so never had any issues!

Im always up for a bash mate so give me a pm and we can sort something out!

Its about time I had someone to rc with, my mate just brought himself a Baja but he is going to take like a month to build that lol

Im over in Whitton mate, there is a disued motorbike track right near me but it just grass at this time of the year, they used to hold mtorbike comps there, still a nice bit of land to bash on though lol (IP16LS) its mainly used by dog walker now.

What about yourself?

I'm based at Wattisham Airfield, so i get to bash around on the runways.......lol, but if you go down the back end of Needham Lake, there's a good bit of on road/off road bits to bash about on!

Alright Guys, i should be getting my first Nitro Rc car tomorrow, gonna pop in to Galaxy Models to buy some fuel.. i live near town, im up for landseer park? or even Whitton?

Galaxy are pretty good, I go there quite a lot, the guys in there are really friendly and pretty helpful!

I'm based at Wattisham Airfield, so i get to bash around on the runways.......lol, but if you go down the back end of Needham Lake, there's a good bit of on road/off road bits to bash about on!

ahh I known needham lake didn't see any bashing spots there though got a google maps link?

ahh I known needham lake didn't see any bashing spots there though got a google maps link?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Just an ariel shot, pick your spot, basically, the back end is were the boot fair is held on saturday, but there is a variety of areas both on and off road, it's good just going for a wander and bashing along the tracks down there too, it does get busy in summer, but this time of year, when it gets muddy there are less people there......perfect for getting caked in mud, lol, being a squaddie i don't get the chance to go don there bashing as much as i'd like to, but hey, like i said, i get runways to drift on and old hangers to (yet to try) sending my cars over, lol

http://maps.google.c...ps?hl=en&tab=wl

Just an ariel shot, pick your spot, basically, the back end is were the boot fair is held on saturday, but there is a variety of areas both on and off road, it's good just going for a wander and bashing along the tracks down there too, it does get busy in summer, but this time of year, when it gets muddy there are less people there......perfect for getting caked in mud, lol, being a squaddie i don't get the chance to go don there bashing as much as i'd like to, but hey, like i said, i get runways to drift on and old hangers to (yet to try) sending my cars over, lol

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=12446601013320929577&q=Needham+Lake+and+Nature+Reserve,+Needham+Market&hl=en&ved=0CBAQ-gswAA&sa=X&ei=LIzvTpWBFI7b8gOB89D8Cg

ignore the first link, i buggered it up, lol

Ahh of course lol i've been to the boot fair as well and never twigged it would be a good bashing spot.

You'd be surprised dude, like i said, it's worth just bimbling around the whole area, there's a mint rocky outcrop bit that's good for both posing your wheels on and jumping from, lol

I'm busy during the week how about a new years eve bash?

Yeah im up for a new years eve bash, let's just hope the weather is good!

Im heading out tomorrow to look for some bashing spots in the Ipswich area so will post once im home,

Might have to take the truggy with me lol

I live in Coddenham, a few miles out of Ipswich

As regstar said i have a track in Akenham, just above the spot that Evmk linked but its all packed away for winter at the moment

Im at uni in Coventry so im not around Ipswich for alot of the year but i'll get some bashes organised there for the summer

Not got any RCs at home at the moment but if you guys get a bash organised before i go back to uni i'll pop down for a bit