• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show Us Your Savvy!

dazzi220

also just after stripping back end down. iv done a crown gear(on ontop of diff cup) 2 diff bearings, bent the mettle plate under the skid, bend the brace that keeps the pins through the lower and upper arms and mashed the stock plastic hex's. not bad for a day out i suppose. need it ready for sunday though.

went out today again to the heath.

first of, i acidently got a bit of grit inside the engine through the glow plug hole after taking the glow lug out.

compleatly stirpped the engine down and flushed every thing out with fuel. rebuilt running buitifuly. around 20 mins later after about one tank,

this happen. bring on the three speed, woop!

yeh with the 4.6 ofcourse if depends on yer tuning aswell,get it tuned best as pos, peeps delay the 2nd shift, I did at first but it was too long so I put it back to where it was and its fine

tell yer lukey boy that 3spd is gonna blast yer engine once set up its fast as hell!

it already rips mate. a friend had a speed gun down the other week down at the heath. speed gunned it at 49 mph, on extreemly rough terrain(well it is at speed)

with the three speed should hopefully get it going a bit faster(not that i need it lol).

so rekon i should just leave it all at standard. only reason im asking is coz i have to open the box up to be able to change the 2nd to 3rd shift dont i?

1-2nd will be done in a mtter of mins. but dont particuly wanns strip the whole thing apart just to change the shift point.

it already rips mate. a friend had a speed gun down the other week down at the heath. speed gunned it at 49 mph, on extreemly rough terrain(well it is at speed)

with the three speed should hopefully get it going a bit faster(not that i need it lol).

so rekon i should just leave it all at standard. only reason im asking is coz i have to open the box up to be able to change the 2nd to 3rd shift dont i?

1-2nd will be done in a mtter of mins. but dont particuly wanns strip the whole thing apart just to change the shift point.

nah u need to change the 1st - 2nd shift (it shifts so quick u can't hear it!) and to do so u need to open the box, u might have to adjust the 2nd-3rd shift but thats outside like yer 2 speed so its no probs

don't worry its easy to open the box and change it, instruction are clear. I did it in 10mins and it was the first time I'd even seen the inside of a gearbox lol

just delay the shift half a turn thats what i did, some peeps say 3/4 but I thought it was too late, like I said the 1st gear is meant to be shortish jus to get the power up - hpi customer service called it a 'launch gear' lol and boy is that what it does!

oh i see so u can adjust it anyway if its a kit,before u put it in

note: for me 1/2 a turn is fine others say its still too short but I thing 3/4 is too long

I'll get the gear box off the savvy x wen it comes out then I can adjust both shift on the outside to suit terrain