• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show Us Your Savvy!

dazzi220

4 hours ago, supersavage said:

Think I might have to contact wheelspin or HPI about a couple of things with my Savage. The first being the throttle servo that was trying to burn it's self out  right out of the box combined with the stock radio system that wouldn't go into or let me set up the fail safe which both were a run away waiting to happen. The second after reading some YouTube comments on various channels it would appear that the clutch shoes slip excessively, I know that sometimes it can take a little while for them to break in but from what I've been reading they never really start biting properly. The third thing is the two speed gearbox though I'm not sure if this is really a problem as it were as I think it's just going to take a lot fiddling and trial and error however again from what I've been seeing even if you get it to shift it doesn't seem to be as aggressive/positive as the previous Savage's. It could just be down to the upgrade/updates they've done to the transmission but until I get a chance to play and mess with it I'll just have keep an eye on what people find out.

I've got to be honest if anyone is looking at the new updated Savage I'd either wait and see if the price comes down significantly (I doubt it will), try and get a new previous gen version at a good price or get a good used one as IMO it is no where near worth its current price. 

Can you adjust the throttle servo end points? I always found the stock servos didnt have sufficient torque and often swapped the stock streering servo to throttle. What type are the clutch shoes still teflon, again aluminium generally have better grab but need more maintenance. I think I read that the lack of gearshift was possibly due to excess threadlock used during assembly, you may have to remove the gear shifter retainer screw and clean the thread making sure the spring and ball bearing are free to move. The upgrades are cosmetic apart from the new wheel axles and 17mm hexes.

38 minutes ago, locky said:

Can you adjust the throttle servo end points? I always found the stock servos didnt have sufficient torque and often swapped the stock streering servo to throttle. What type are the clutch shoes still teflon, again aluminium generally have better grab but need more maintenance. I think I read that the lack of gearshift was possibly due to excess threadlock used during assembly, you may have to remove the gear shifter retainer screw and clean the thread making sure the spring and ball bearing are free to move. The upgrades are cosmetic apart from the new wheel axles and 17mm hexes.

The servo was buzzing just sitting there it had nothing to do with the travel unfortunately and that was literally out of the box. I swapped it out for a spare Savox one I had lying around but if I didn't it would've gone back. I believe the clutch shoes are still teflon but I never had a problem with them on the previous gen savage. I have a suspicion there might be some sort oil/grease or something either on the clutch bell or shoes themselves. There are a few more updates than just cosmetic ones though the majority of it is cosmetic. 

The thread lock on the shift adjustment screw makes sense. I think they must of asked Arrma to thread lock it for them from what I've seen briefly seen on mine 😂     

• 3 months later...