• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Tyre Glue?

RooBoonix

Hi,

Just been out with my mate and i realised my tyre became really soft and it was drooping off the rim when going round corners etc...

i got home and realised id split the tyre, but do i have to use the special tyre glue or will superglue or others work fine??

cheers

Rooboonix

all rc tire glue is cyanoacrylate... super glue wink.gif it just has different viscosities (how thick or thin it is) so normal super glue is fine.

ok great, ive also heard that some of the tire glue is really messy, so it wont be very good with me as im already messy!! lol

thanks for the help, i will glue it later :)

If its ''thin'' tyre glue, it'll be like water - a little bit will go a long way and things get out of control quickly. BUT, its the most simple way to glue tyres, a few drops will run right around the bead. If you've glued a lot of tyres before, go for thin stuff. If not, then thicker is better and you can take your time to glue them well.

ok great, ive also heard that some of the tire glue is really messy, so it wont be very good with me as im already messy!! lol

thanks for the help, i will glue it later :)

im not a fan of really watery glue, even though im a very experienced tire gluer laugh.gif (supergluing your eyes shut has that effect!)

i prefer to put a blob of normal super glue at each 1/4 then 1/8 then 1/6th ect until its all glued.

thin glue works well as you jsut put one blob then just turn the wheel round and it runs around the bead. but sometimes it appears to be stuck but inplaced only by a tiny amount laugh.gif my way i know its all stuck!!

If its ''thin'' tyre glue, it'll be like water - a little bit will go a long way and things get out of control quickly.

Ohhhhh yeah. I bought extra thin CA glue for my foam planes. First time I used it I went, "Nothing coming out.... I'll give it a squeeze..... yea think I got some in the joint.", then we heard, 'drip'.....'drip'.... and theres a small dark circle on my jeans. CA glue flooding out of the bottom of the glider.

That's not the funny part, the funny part is what CA glue does when it comes in contact with cotton, like jeans! It has a little reaction and gets hot enough to burn pretty quick! :D

Using tyre glue, I've stuck myself to allsorts of things by mistake. Best thing was 4 brand new tyres, nicely superglued....to the perspex pit board I'd bought spanking new 2 weeks earlier :lol:

Oooops moment. :good:

this makes me think of the time Adrian Mole tried sniffing glue and ended up going into A&E with a model spitfire stuck to the end of his nose rofl.gif

lol brilliant

You really should try dripping some CA glue onto cotton, it's fairly interesting. If you get enough onto pure cotton it will even smoke and fizzle.

I'm told that "linseed oil" on an oily cotton rag will be benign for days, weeks, months and then burst suddenly into flames! Would be nasty to find that out the hard way!

I use Take off Z glue and yes its supper runny!

First time i used it, it cost me one new pair of mckenzie bottoms and a nike sweatshirt i had only worn twice :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The only time i noticed what i had done was because of the heat.

I was dancing up and down having a fit at the anger of what has happened! :angry:

But have learnt my lesson from it! and touch wood haven't had any other mishap's. :)

I use Take off Z glue and yes its supper runny!

First time i used it, it cost me one new pair of mckenzie bottoms and a nike sweatshirt i had only worn twice :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The only time i noticed what i had done was because of the heat.

I was dancing up and down having a fit at the anger of what has happened! :angry:

But have learnt my lesson from it! and touch wood haven't had any other mishap's. :)

depending on how snug a fit your tyres are..."shoe goo" works fab....its ideal if there is a bit of a gap between the tyre and rim (like some monster tyres) ....its really strong and flexes with the tyre. very easy to get off your fingers too (in fact its quite theraputic peeling it off)

Ive used it on mine for ages and they never come off...its also great when used with dry wall tape on the inside of shells to repair or strengthen any weak spots/edges

wheres shoo goo available?? any links?

wheres shoo goo available?? any links?

Hi

i stuck shoe goo in google and it came up in a few places one for example is amazon

also ideal for sticking ESCs and Rxs

Thanks mate, will keep that in mind :good: