• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Adventure's of Ting Ting's E-Revo

Tingting44

INDEX:-

page 1 (#1) - page 3 (#40) - lipo's/charger's/charging

page 3 (#41) - page 10 (#138) - tyres/E.S.C settings (GOOD INFO FOR CHOOSING TYRES SIZE'S TO FIT RIMS - PAGE 6 #87)

page 10 (#139) - page 16 (#240) - 1'st EVER CRASH & REPAIR!

page 17 (#241) - page 17 (#255) - vladimir user_popup.png snow glove test @ results + vid

page 18 (#256) - page 20 (#300) - body shells

page 21 (#301) - page 23 (#343) - battery charging/soldering equipment/info on soldering lipo's (TRX)/wheelie bar

page 23 (#344) - page 26 (#386) - diff dis-assembly/diff wt's/ getting rounded screws out

page 26 (#387) - page 32 (#470) - driveshafts/cvd's/choosing lipo's/

page 32 (#471) - page 38 (#558) - gearing/modded driveshafts/soldering trx conns (1st time :)/lipo balancing

page 38 (#559) - page 44 (#649) - more diff/gearbox maintenace/rockers/pushrods/ lipo chargers

page 44 (#650) - page 46 - tyre choosing/ (#651! LINK HOP UPS TO GET!)/driveshafts & a-arms) *video pg46

page 47 - page 49 - lipo talk/body shells & painting/damage to erbe

page 49 - page 50 - gearing/ratio/finished hummer body/spares & hop ups arrive for repair

page 51 - page 53 - blew up my carbon fibre orion lipo :( *pic of new cvd's*/lipo's* #790 vid*

page 54 - page 56 - *pics jumping*/cvd talk/spur damage/MMM programming

page 57 - page - lipo's/charger's/

==================================================================================================================

hey guys i think i have finally decided on my order from modelsport uk tom to get my lipos before xmas!!! what do u think of them? and are there any better ones for the erevo brushless 1/10th?

http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=34870

Edited by Tingting44

dam! i wished i had checked for replies!!! i just ordered 6 of them aswell! :-(

edit: well price out of the window lol are these pretty decent batteries then? i just want lots of power

Edited by Tingting44

They look like very good batteries. Still, for that price you must be mad :lol:

5000mah 3S 30C LiPo's on Hobbyking for £20 each...

Someone should really start importing Turnigy and Zippy Flightmax LiPo's from HK and sell them in the UK. I might look into it...

Edited by revorocks

na i dont mind as they do look cool batteries, but for next time i could get like 20 for the same price lol, just trying to find these cheap ones on hk? are they next day delivery too?

edit: dont worry i see they are not even in uk :-( i hate waiting for stuff from out of uk :-( as with my rc heli i have to wait like 3 weeks for delivery, so i dont think i would like to go down the same line with my erevo, i just love ordering in uk with next day delivery

Edited by Tingting44

The batteries do look decent I will give you that. Hobby King are far from next day mate. 10-14 days in most cases if ordering from Hong Kong. They do have a warehouse in Germany but its a little more expensive (usually only

Aye, there is certainly a lot to choose from! A bit too much at times, all that choice can get confusing!

Best of luck with the lipo's you ordered though, sure you'll get plenty performance gain over NiMh. The price they cost, just make sure you take good care of them!!

All the best

yeah leitch they have got absolutely loads of stuff!! looool :))) i got my erevo a few weeks ago and i have been using 3000mah nimh batteries and now it just feels like there training batteries, its not even exciting driving with them any more :-( lol and belive it or not i can not even do wheelies!! with these current batteries, so hopefully when i am lipo'd up tom i will see a big difference and hopefully see the power behind TRAXXAS hahahaha, fingers crossed for some uncontrollable power tom afternoon eh leitch lol :) and yeah i will be treating them like gold, thanks :)

edit: oh one more quick q, i normally charge my 3000mah nimh batteries at 3.0a and one pair i charge at 4.0a, what do u normally charge at with lipos? i think it would be lower than 3.0a right? as u want to take more care of your lipos? maybe 1 or 2.0a? my charger goes up to 6.0a very quick charge but i dont think the lipos would enjoy that lol

Edited by Tingting44

charge li-po's at 1C normally.

so 1C for a 4000mAh pack is 4 amps.

You want to be balance charging your packs to ensure the individual cells are not under or overcharged.

A charger suitable for li-po batteries is different to one suitable for NiMh or NiCd.

Presume you have a capable charger?????

im not going to say that the orions there are bad batterys, because i've never had a bad orion battery, in fact i've never had a bad orion product. end of. but theyre not always the best route. considering the way that battery tech is advancing these days, it pays to go cheap. for less than the price of just one of those i managed to buy 4 5000mah 25c lipo's. run 2 in series and you'll get a lot more punch and a lot more runtime for less money. if yer bashing, then i'd defo reccomend go with the cheaper option.

charge li-po's at 1C normally.

so 1C for a 4000mAh pack is 4 amps.

You want to be balance charging your packs to ensure the individual cells are not under or overcharged.

A charger suitable for li-po batteries is different to one suitable for NiMh or NiCd.

Presume you have a capable charger?????

nice so i would charge my 4000 lipo battery at 4.0a!! nice so it will be even quicker charge time than me 3000mah nimh batteries :)

here is the charger i got, it says it does lipo but have not tried yet, and yes i have a balance board with it :)

http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=30776

on my chArger it says it charges lips at a rate of 2c!? so does that mean i could charge my lipos at 6.0a?

Features:

• Input Voltage Range: 11~15v DC or 100~240v AC
  • Battery Type:
    • Li-Po/Li-Fe/Li-Ion - 1-6 cells
    • NiMh - 1-14 cells
    • Lead Acid - 1-6 cells

[*]Charge rate: 0.1a to 6a adjustable (2c charge rate for LiPo)[*]Max discharge: 1A[*]Supplied with JST XH & TrakPower adaptor boards[*]Main out-put via 2x 4mm banana sockets

Edited by Tingting44

im not going to say that the orions there are bad batterys, because i've never had a bad orion battery, in fact i've never had a bad orion product. end of. but theyre not always the best route. considering the way that battery tech is advancing these days, it pays to go cheap. for less than the price of just one of those i managed to buy 4 5000mah 25c lipo's. run 2 in series and you'll get a lot more punch and a lot more runtime for less money. if yer bashing, then i'd defo reccomend go with the cheaper option.

thanks for the advice! by your profile it looks like your an oldtimer and know your stuff :-) i dont suppose u would have a link to them batteries your on about, which i would get more punch out of mate :)

nice so i would charge my 4000 lipo battery at 4.0a!! nice so it will be even quicker charge time than me 3000mah nimh batteries :)

here is the charger i got, it says it does lipo but have not tried yet, and yes i have a balance board with it :)

http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=30776

Hi mate i have that charger, its quality,should take under an hour to charge them :good:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=30776

Thats the charger i am going to get.It is said to be very good :good: .(sorry for the double post.I dont know how to quote twice in 1 post).

Hi mate i have that charger, its quality,should take under an hour to charge them :good:

sweeeeeeeet, so what about this lipo 2c charge rate with this charger?

edit

Charge rate: 0.1a to 6a adjustable (2c charge rate for LiPo)

Edited by Tingting44

so it will be even quicker charge time than me 3000mah nimh batteries :)

nope - will still take around an hour! You can charge at a higher current, but you have more capacity to fill!

sweeeeeeeet, so what about this lipo 2c charge rate with this charger?

Not for those batteries. 1C only.