• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Blackout

iwik76

Hi, Looking forward to getting my Maverick.. it's just like christmas as a seven yr old again...

Just wanted to see if any other forum members have pre-ordered and if so would they be intrested in Buying CPI Tuned exhausts as a upgrade? I may have the opportunity of getting some in a bulk order not ground out prices yet but before i did get down to it wanted to see if i could shift them? Also which would be more desired Black or the Chrome??

If it's something you'd be intrested in then please just drop a line here with Colour preference so i can see rough numbers

Cheers

Edited by iwik76

Certainly Not going to be today lol. see that Modelsport have changed their Due date to 24th November from the 12th.. tick tock.. The pipes i will get will be direct and at 1st glance i think i could save about

I am buying direct from the states and maybe get a better deal if I get all 3 I will email and check the prices

hmm. what price did you pay+shipping? i know it would be cheaper

but you will have VAT to deal with, let alone custom charges and a parcelforce handling fee of usually 12 quid

The thing i dont like is the way its designed, i dont like how they have made and attached things, after owning one of there cheaper strada cars and looking at that it looks like alot of the same things have been applied. There ball joint designs are naff i thought. Just my 0.02$ ^_^

hmm. what price did you pay+shipping? i know it would be cheaper

but you will have VAT to deal with, let alone custom charges and a parcelforce handling fee of usually 12 quid

The thing i dont like is the way its designed, i dont like how they have made and attached things, after owning one of there cheaper strada cars and looking at that it looks like alot of the same things have been applied. There ball joint designs are naff i thought. Just my 0.02$ ^_^

I am talking about the pipes not the trucks

Yes its basically the redcat, but as mentioned with a bigger 30.5cc engine and upgraded steering servos.

Ive been out with this car a few months back when MiniRipper had a prototype from HPI, impressive car i must admit.... not my bag as im no monster truck fan but i can see a market for it definately.

The size of the tyres are a wow factor all on theyre own.

Mrp ;)

Its a rebadged redcat rampage version 3

but rampage is a rebaged himoto hurricane who are the manufacturers :good:

I HAVE a rampage v2 and can asure people they are a great truck

There are the usual few bits that can be improved but overall you get a hell of a truck for the money

Things that need upgrading :

Steering servos x2 (Hitec 5755 work very well)

Throttle servo

Exhaust (CPI Racing Pipe the best)

Shell - Mine melts quicker than a wax candle

Air filter (HPI system the best)

Diff cups and hub pins were am issue but think these have being sorted thanks to the v3 running cvd's

Other bits i am changing

ada manifold

angled shred stack

i also run mootilizer diff cup retainers

and soon an evildomain tuned pipe

:good:

Lets face it ....air filter and exhaust need upgrading on just about every petrol you care to name ( stock HPI one is good, and the FG foam one...but not the rest!) Similarly, on anything but the higher priced cars the supplied servos are servicable but not great. The rest of what Mini has done is personalising the truck. Doesn't sound liek there was much wrong with the V2...so this ought to be as good if not better. If I wanted a big beefy MT I would certainly consider this one.

Rather than starting a new thread i thought i'd Jump on this again. Does anyone know what radio gear (make/channel etc etc) comes with thie Maverick Blackout as i'm looking to get a killer bee Killswitch and as with most things it has a Compatibility on different version's of it's product..

If anyone has a insight then i'd appreciate the info..

It Does not look good guys

I see the expected arrival date has now gone from all the websites and has been replaced with on order!!

I thought you guys would have a month of checking the truck out before me!

since I am coming home mid December looks like I will have to wait also dry.gif

Edited by tectic

It Does not look good guys

I see the expected arrival date has now gone from all the websites and has been replaced with on order!!

I thought you guys would have a month of checking the truck out before me!

since I am coming home mid December looks like I will have to wait also dry.gif

Hi Tectic,

Don't you worry i've been looking at the web page twice even thrice a day to check the progress ( not obssesed at all..!! :rofl: )

The web site has changed over the last couple of days but i can assure you it's still say's the 25th on this page

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?Manufacturer=1&ManufacturerID=1163 scroll down through the maverick range it still states 25th however if you click on it then yes it's just a pre-order job..

Only problem might be it's forcast some heavy snow back end of next week so if the delivery man can't get the mavericks out then it'll be a longer wait... :helpsmilie:

Hope it's warmer where you are

Catch you soon

Lol itll be like the coke ad at christmas except theyll be singing "mavericks are comin mavericks are comin" and a big brightly lit truck full of them. I was tempted by them but just bought another baja 5b 2.0. I hope theyre not awesome lol or ill be shelling more money out on this hobby. I bet they will be mint for areas such as quarries and woods tho where theres steep terrain that can be attacked. Im looking forward to peoples vids and reviews tho. Its refreshing to see a 4wd supplied with the engine it actually needs rather than the punisher with a 23cc ahem. At christmas the rc sales section will be full of maverick quarterscale servos going cheap haha.