• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

throttle servo in kingmotor

djandyh

Throttle servo with incorrect end points is usually a recipe for an early death. With the throttle fully done on the controller it should almost be on the stop...but not quite. Otherwise the servo is trying to pull the throttle open further than it can go, which stresses it bigtime.

Cheap servos will die quicker....but incorrectly set end points will kill even a top notch servo

If you end points are not set correct your £150 "better" servo WILL fail! I know this because I have fitted "better" servos, 

were did i say buy a £150 servo ? and checking your end points should be the first thing you do so you dont have any problems like he is having 

cheers guys, i love some of them answers, like people say, why replace if its not broken lol, well in my case, its broken, the question is, what is end points as am still a newbie to this kinda stuff and unlucky for me, i cant just go buy a top of the range servo, if anyone got a half descend one for sale, let me know. how do you set the end points up so i know for next time

cheers for your help guys

Endpoints are set on the transmitter normally under a similarly named menu.  The way I do it is wind the left and right end points right back and then do a full left turn turning the car off as I do it.  This leaves the wheels in the max left hand position and from there I can see how much further they can turn by manually moving the wheels.  Repeat a few times but upping the left endpoint for each test until you get it set so there's only a tiny amounts you can manually move the wheels.

Repeat for the right but obvsiouly modifying the right hand endpoint.

Just realised your question was around throttle servo.  Same principles but I obviously playing with the throttle brake instead of left and right.

Brake is a tiny bit harder though as you have to allow for applying g enough braking force.

Braking doesn;t really damage the servo, as you are applying torque for short times. You can't have a brake stop before it's under load...it has to be loaded to work.

Throttle is the danger for bad end points, as you tend to hold it full on for extended periods of time

I have an Xq power s4020d ready to put on my baja when i get to it. On paper it's as good or better than a savox 1256tg for £25 new. 20kg to pull the brake tight too. 

End point set up is something ive never botherd with tbh and been lucky but I will try and figure it out lol. 

Is it just putting the horn on correct so it's not jamming and if needed dial the radio? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...