• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Forum Update

Nick

Hello,

The forum has updated and as you can probably see, it looks a lot different. :anime:

I've put it online a little early as I trust you can appreciate it needs a lot of changes and I need your help with regards feedback. I'm also new to the update, so I'm learning too!

• Design: Are the colours right? Do they clash? Where and what colours do you think would be best?
  • Homepage: Currently offline, I'll do this at a later date.
  • Any old features you can't find?
  • Anything that doesn't work?

Anyway, enjoy! :)

Looking good Nick. I can't find the 'view my content' link which used to show your latest topcis which wa shandy for keeping an eye on FS threads etc. I found the 'my activity' link but that defaults to my latest posts and I have to click 'topics' not really a big deal but was very useful on the old setup.

Edited by stretch

I believe signatures are not working as the forum has to recompile/cache everything, which is a huge job, it's only done a very small percentage, this is why the forum might seem a little slow as the server is busy doing this and also, once it is compiled and cached within the server, it can load a lot faster too.

Truthful. 

i loved the old layout, maybe its me but this one just hurts my brain, dont know why

can we have the old template back but with modern look like this,

when typing this post i can see we have been given a very basic bar at the top with less selections than a melted roses box of chocolates.

also i have never had to adjust a monitor for a single website but its to garish , its like a punch to the face

moto in RC dont fix it unless it need fixing and/or is broken ? why did we try fix a not broken forum ?

• Like 3

I believe signatures are not working as the forum has to recompile/cache everything, which is a huge job, it's only done a very small percentage, this is why the forum might seem a little slow as the server is busy doing this and also, once it is compiled and cached within the server, it can load a lot faster too.

• Like 1

Truthful. 

i loved the old layout, maybe its me but this one just hurts my brain, dont know why

can we have the old template back but with modern look like this,

when typing this post i can see we have been given a very basic bar at the top with less selections than a melted roses box of chocolates.

also i have never had to adjust a monitor for a single website but its to garish , its like a punch to the face

moto in RC dont fix it unless it need fixing and/or is broken ? why did we try fix a not broken forum ?

What he said. ^^^

I also geeenerally view the mobile version and it was very handy just to click the bars in the top right corner and then click view new content, i find the activity stream painful.

Also for some reason my android chrome browser now constantly crashes on the new layout.

After clicking 'submit reply' it takes about 30 seconds to save.

The server is busy still caching and reconfiguring, I would assume it will get faster when done

Early day's - and change is often painful.

Priority for me is for a darker background colour - the white is making my eyes bleed.

Otherwise I can't seem to replicate 'find my content' - ie threads i've posted in.

cheers