• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ Loverings Rocket Car

.AJ.

Along with the Baja, I chucked a SC 1/8 built on a HN platform, a Bez Bastardised special, in the car this morning so I had something to 'play' with if I totalled the Baja....  

I Stuck a 'fly' gear in it when we realised the 100mph Baja was going to top out at er... 62mph, nice one Bez!  LOL.   (its just a gearing thing... I will get the car there, somehow!)

Anyway, undefeated, the phenomenal team in the pits, lent me gears, sold me tyres/wheels, gave encouragement, reprogrammed ESC's and this non speed car, slow crept up as the day progressed, until I managed to get just over 92mph..... Well chuffed and now totaly hooked!

AJ, Madmini and I (Bob too) have vowed to return next year, with dedicated builds to get over the magical 100mph mark.  

I assure anyone into RC cars that you will be VERY impressed by the speed these things go!  The amount of energy in 4kg cars travelling at that speed, 10mm off the tarmac, is genuinely impressive!

Anyone with a free day tomorrow, go along, support the community, get hooked and join us next time.

We have, THE NEED FOR SPEED.....  :)     Do you??????

What went down, Lord H?

Not as much speed from the Baja as one would have liked young man!

Harvey's 1/8th made up for any failings of the Baja... It's was a impressive sight, but I'll let him explain :)

Too kind mate, was good fun eeking more out of it all the time!   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...