• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Basher BSR

yoodoo

I thought I'd start an official thread on the Basher ( and a dig at the WR8 boys,as per title ha ha :whistling: ) as there are a couple of threads on here with these cars in.I thought it would be best to have one thread and save reading two or three. :thumbsup:

Specs:

Width: 305mm
Height: 200mm
Length: 530mm
Wheelbase: 327mm
Ground clearance: 17mm
Motor: 2100KV, 40mm Brushless
ESC: 120A waterproof
Servo: Water resistant metal gear
Drive: Shaft Drive full time 4WD
Battery compartment: 137mm x 47mm (7.4V Lipoly Hardcase Battery)

Edited by yoodoo

I've got two of these to power the basher, they fit nicely into the battery tray even though they are supposed to be 0.5mm too long, but I noticed that the motor side the case touches the motor drive shaft this could be a big problem if you didn't notice it.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=32229

Also I tried my turnigy programming card to program the esc and no joy just the one single light, it's this one.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=29659

Edited by Matt888

Has anybody had any thought on the motor spline being so close to the battery , or a good fix ?.

I saw a YouTube video and the guy was going to take a dremmel to the end of the motor shaft, with my zippy's in the battery tray after a bit they will definitely touch and rub through.

Good news on the shock springs.I had a set of Losi  8 laying around and they fit perfect.

I saw a YouTube video and the guy was going to take a dremmel to the end of the motor shaft, with my zippy's in the battery tray after a bit they will definitely touch and rub through.

I was thinking of taking the end of the battery tray off and sponging the other end.

To try to move the motor further from the battery, you can buy the optional 4mm motor spacer TU0807

My motor does not rub, it stops at 1mm from the battery case. Also my batteries are 2mm shorter than the tray, so I glued a stopped into the tray.

My car came with a hextronik esc, which may be compatible with the turnigy lcd program box (big emphasis on may). It is not compatible with the hobbywing lcd box.

Also it should be programmable via the remote and the beep ritual, but lacking detailed instructions, I don't want to try. I don't even use the stock esc because it shoots of from standstill, no low rpm at all.

To try to move the motor further from the battery, you can buy the optional 4mm motor spacer TU0807

My motor does not rub, it stops at 1mm from the battery case. Also my batteries are 2mm shorter than the tray, so I glued a stopped into the tray.

My car came with a hextronik esc, which may be compatible with the turnigy lcd program box (big emphasis on may). It is not compatible with the hobbywing lcd box.

Also it should be programmable via the remote and the beep ritual, but lacking detailed instructions, I don't want to try. I don't even use the stock esc because it shoots of from standstill, no low rpm at all.

Do you have a link to TU0807 motor spacer?

I've 3 options re the motor shaft:

1:  dremel the end off - 

2:  box out the battery tray with very thin plastic and replace when worn

3:  switch to a single battery layout and move the esc down to the motor side of the chassis.

I favour no 3 at the moment, however having just switched to running 2x2S in all my 1/8's we don't have many 4S packs anymore, so will prob try no2. 

Homemade motor space should be pretty simple to knock up out of some plate  - even just some 2mm alloy would prob make a useful difference.

let us know how you get on with the spacer pls

a pic would be nice :thumbsup:

I will do,but the car is my birthday present and I'm not supposed to have it until 16th of September. So I'll have to see if the wife will let me get it back out of the loft to try the spacer.

I will do,but the car is my birthday present and I'm not supposed to have it until 16th of September. So I'll have to see if the wife will let me get it back out of the loft to try the spacer.

I have the same problem , i cant touch mine until 5th oct , mine arrived with a broken spoiler mount on the body , but with a quick vid and rma request , they sent out a new body that came this morning , hopefully nothing else goes wrong  :er:

Edited by WiLLiE

4S LiPo installed.......

20150805_103400_zpsbutwkbnj.jpg

20150805_103356_zpsoczjjwbj.jpg

20150805_103311_zpsielinxon.jpg

20150805_103259_zpslqpczeym.jpg

20150805_103250_zpszilvdeah.jpg

20150805_103242_zpssb1rd4pw.jpg

20150805_103214_zpsp6muckae.jpg

20150805_103156_zps2tghw3hk.jpg

20150805_103144_zps70axgiem.jpg

20150805_103138_zpsmwrllsec.jpg

20150805_103123_zpsqdo5uzxb.jpg

20150805_103045_zpsmfninjqj.jpg

Mega close but just misses....no margin for error here!

20150805_103035_zpstosnpyek.jpg

I tried TURNIGY 4s and ZIPPY 4s.The Turnigy are hardcase and seem to fit better????

Took it out today for the first time.No calibration needed and went like a dream.............until the front wheel fell off  ha ha ha.So,put it back on and then the other two on the opposite side fell off,no tools either  ha ha.

Great car but far too slidey.I think a suspension and tyre set up are on the books. :thumbsup:

Took it out today for the first time.No calibration needed and went like a dream.............until the front wheel fell off  ha ha ha.So,put it back on and then the other two on the opposite side fell off,no tools either  ha ha.

Great car but far too slidey.I think a suspension and tyre set up are on the books. :thumbsup:

Fab - from my quick look I think the Tyres are the main culprit!

Will be packing mini me's up with some extra tyres - prob a small block dirt set and some mini pins or similar for grass.  WIll have to try the badlands on too of course.