• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

First tank buy.

autobutcher

Got one and also the kit version. Excellent tank that runs well completely stock although there are improvements that can be made of course. This kit manual will give you a lot of info.

http://www.imex-model.com/TANK%20MANUALS/12501/mobile/index.html

The recoil can be improved to synchronise the flash and recoil. See my recoil thread in the tank section. Plenty of scope for adding extra detail if you want. Smoker can also easily be replaced with an inexpensive "Polish" smoker that works a lot better and is much quieter.

One thing that can also be done is to correct the turret centre of rotation. To allow extra room for the BB mechanism when fitted the rotation point is about 13mmm off centre. Still it's not that obvious though.

John

Edited by johninderby

Good for you. So this time next week you'll be running your tank round the back garden,

Rctank.de uses DHL and final delivery usually by ParcelForce so you should be ble to track it via ParcelForce as well as the tracking link Rctank give you.

Whatever you do don't start looking at all the nice etched brass bits you can get for it.

Heng Long IR Shermans are rare but here's always second hand Tamiya Shermans on eBay.

John.

I wish you hadn't said that....................................

Haven't dealt with this dealer myself but reviews seem OK.

http://www.toyzcastle.co.uk/2012/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_46_62&product_id=427

This might be worth fixing up despite the sellers poor description and if it goes cheap enough.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-1-16-Sherman-M4-105mm-Howitzer-56014-Full-Option-with-Controller-/171763857365?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fdec77d5

John

Edited by johninderby

Now I'm ever so glad I went for the heng long bulldog.

Since Christmas, I changed the battery connector, added all the little bits and bobs, done a bit of detail painting and that's it, never turned a wheel or track.

No big loss though I suppose, much easier to swallow than having hundreds of quid sat in one.....

You know my RC  spending is currently on hold Noj. Am having to be really strict with myself, at least till my Grandparents house sells.......................................

I may have to extend my man-corner, my clear-out hasn't yielded as much space as hoped, despite promises to other half about, and I quote " shift all that crap before more arrives"!

Edited by autobutcher