• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

sakura d3 cs front belt trouble

Jokr90

right okay so ive noticed the front belt is ridiculously tight, second is theres a groove appeared on it like somethings rubbing and wearing it down but i cant see anything ?!?!?!

can anyone help ?

Hey, erm I bought it assembled so I wouldn't know off the top what pulleys are on it :-/

I might on the safe side slacken it a bit ?

But I'll get pics up tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

The bearing holder for the diff is mounted eccentrically and you can adjust the tension with them. If you are looking at the left one then you need to turn the hub clockwise to loosen it or anticlockwise to tighten. Obviously reversed on the opposite side.

Also be careful not to over-tighten the little bolts that lock them in place as they only screw into plastic and it's really easy to strip the plastic thread. Lock tight is your friend ;)

Not sure about the groove will have to see pics to get a good idea of what you mean.

It was a stone that caused the groove, in the same place as the groove there is paint stripped off the motor, obv where it's caught,

But thanks anyway, erm just wondering,

Why is my back right wheel clicking ?

Also the suspension well the movement is hard and also clicks, like gives way after the click ?

Also would anyone recommend a servo that is good for centering and speed ?

The savox ain't cheap but mine has been in at least 6 vehicles and its still spot on, might need to run a BEC though because they do get power hungry especially in a drifter where you are constantly tweaking your angles, if your esc has less than a 3 amp BEC, get a Hobbyking one that's 6v with 3 amp or more, steering will be super quick to react :)