• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie joining the scene

caserta80

Hey all

After some consideration (about 1 day) of seeing a load of my mates with some nitro's I bit the bullet and bought one.

HoBao Hyper SS MachStar 28 6-Port RTR - Black

This is my first buggy but im a fully trained VW tech, think I should be all right keeping it up and running look forward to seeing you all out there !

Read all the run in and tuning info and will be doing it this weekend. If there is any pieces of kit you think I should get which are a must please let me know.

Current list is:

HoBao Hyper SS MachStar 28 6-Port RTR - Black

Optifuel Optimix Rtr 25% Nitro Car Fuel 2.5 Litres

Core RC Nitro Starter Set - UK 240v

Fastrax Micro Failsafe Unit ( FT1002M ) Fail Safe For RC Nitro Cars Miniture

Cheers

Simon  :thumbsup:

I bought one last week  :thumbsup:

Built in failsafe,run it in nicely all 16 tanks clean it out after use and have loads of fun  :yes:

Ow watch the wheel nuts my wheels all fell off  :shockingscary:

Edited by BK67
  • Like 1

Only thing to change on that list is the optifuel rtr25% i use optifuel 25%race blend its less smokey, the rtr is renound for its smoke. While your at it get the 5ltr if your running in you'll go through it!

What radio gear are you using, modern digital systems have failsafe built in just requires setting up.

Edited by shaunm

Yes, as above....you will not need a fail safe as the radio system has one built in.

A couple of spare glow plugs are always a good idea with a new engine (deposits and rich mixture ruins them), OS 8 are a safe and reliable choice to start with.

Check everything a hundred times before attempting to get it running....every nut/bolt/screw etc....carb. settings (HSN, LSN and slide gap), check where they are and where they should be....radio and fail safe operation....battery levels (oh and a rechargeable hump pack for the car is better in the long run).

If you get problems or have questions then come and ask...plenty round here will help.....above all, have fun. :)

Only thing to change on that list is the optifuel rtr25% i use optifuel 25%race blend its less smokey, the rtr is renound for its smoke. While your at it get the 5ltr if your running in you'll go through it!

What radio gear are you using, modern digital systems have failsafe built in just requires setting up.

I heard the built in radio system does not cover the batteries inside the car if they go flat ? so its added extra security :)

Extra plugs are on order bought 4 and will use the less smoky fuel cheers.

Would you believe my luck got the truck went over tightening and checking it over ect put the fuel in and it and has a faulty tank not sealed properly leaked fuel everywhere !! Didn't even get to start it lol

Totally gutted shops gonna get an ear bashing tomorrow.

I maybe wrong.. but the failsafe on board the buggy also runs off the batteries on buggy.

A good idea is to place an elastic band over the carb arm so if the battery does run flat the elastic band automatically closes the carb therefore shutting off the fuel to the engine.

• Like 1