• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kalahari 1/14th Range

fish6634

HI All

Does anyone know what sort of range this kalahari should have?

It lost the signal at approx 75 meters and took off of it own accord, luckily it harmlessly flipped itself onto the grass so i could get to it. Could have been worse and been destroyed though. Anyone know if they have a failsafe and mine just isnt set correctly?

Thanks

Graeme

thats poo mate

So its just pot luck when you get to range whether its takes off or not.

Can you buy an after market failsafe? I do have one but its for my nitro savage.

What do you think of the range too? 75m seems a little short

Just noticed in your cars that you have the firestorm flux? I have the brushed firestorm and was disappointed with its performance, i am tempted to uprgrade to brushless. What does yours go like?

Edited by fish6634

Hi Mate it does have the spektrum radio gear yeah, just dont understand why it shot off when i wasnt far away, my daughter was using my firestorm at the same time. All i can think is the transmitter batteries arent the best, i shall change them :)

Any loss of signal, for whatever reason, will cause the car to stop, or run away in your case.

Always struggled with spekky failsafes myself and had so many range issues with spekky, I refuse to use it anymore.

Fresh TX batteries are important, do some googling re the failsafe setting :)

Just noticed in your cars that you have the firestorm flux? I have the brushed firestorm and was disappointed with its performance, i am tempted to uprgrade to brushless. What does yours go like?

Sorry for the late reply, I have not got any notifications, you and I though the same thing, it is worth it, I am running a radient reactor esc and a 4000kv losi xcelorin brushless motor. You can go with any system really as long as the esc lead is long enough to reach the receiver as it is a long way for it to reach. Just be aware that if you are using the standard tires on road with a brushless system, they don't last very long, I got 3days out of mine :(

You can order road tires from model sport by looking in the spares for hpi e firestorm flux.

As stock gearing goes it probably get about 65mph on 3s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jernst20

0c0eb9605987d3fed66aa3c894c646e5.jpg

That's what left of my firestorm tires after installing a brushless system. And my bad earlier its is a 4800kv motor not 4000kv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered my brushless system i look forward to destroying my tires :)