• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Question about a maverick strada Mt repair

Mrbing

Hello newbie here after a bit of advice. I recently brought a maverick strada Mt from eBay. It had a cracked and repaired front bumper where the bumper had been snapped off and the screw lugs have been snapped so it had been repaired with a glue gun. Due to my poor driving and a stray kerb. I have managed to snap the said repair lol. Now what I wanted to ask is. Im going to change the chasis and the front bumper. But the job is a little scary. Or is it easier then it seems ?. Has anyone got any advice at all ??

I don't own one, and have never seen one but looking on YouTube for a video on replacing a bumper and chassis for that car maybe a very good Idea or at least read up on a forum like here, or look in the manual about how to do it without breaking anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

Your best bet is to take it apart and see [emoji12] it's an inevitable thing you'll have to do to any rc at some point and knowing how to take it apart and how it works is all part of the hobby

On the plus side it should help you diagnose any issues later on if you know how it goes together [emoji106] and shouldn't be too taxing anyway

Just have your manual with you first time if you like or take pics as you take it apart so that you know where everything goes during rebuilding..

Edited by Relativenewbyseb

Just did a chassis swap with my school club. 2 9 year olds were able to strip and rebuild it in an hour with no prior knowledge so don't feel to intimidated :) good luck

I have one other mind boggle that could be normal but I don't know. When driving forwards. I want to slowdown and go into reverse. But when I am going forwards I push the trigger forwarda and a lot of the time nothing happens. You have to push it forward then to the middle and then forward agian for reverse to come on. Is this normal or is there something I can change ?

Many thanx

The idea of it is to save the gears, it brakes to neutral then you have to reapply the brake to get reverse....

It's so that you can't go straight to reverse from forwards, reverse lockout I think it's called

I guess it varies with different esc's and their settings but you should be able to get another option somewhere I would assume