• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vetarra Kalahari on 3S today :)

fish6634

Hi All

Had the kalahari out today and having only ever ran it on the standard nimh that came with it i have always been disappointed and found it very tame, tame enough in fact to let my 12 year old daughter have a go. After realising my 11.1v 3s lipo will fit in the battery holder with no mods i thought why not.

I swapped the esc to lipo and gave it a blast and a blast is exactly what i got!! as well as wheelies and silly speeds for a little car. Performance over the nimh is unreal completely worlds apart. I was carfeful about how i ran it after i have been told about increased motor and esc temps so mostly quick blasts followed by normal driving. If you try and give it full throttle from still you are wasting your time it just goes crazy and tries to destroy itself, it has to be a gradually feeding in the throttle, even then you get front wheel lift.

These electric cars are seriously testing my loyalty to nitro! :)

Unless you like the noise, mess, maintenance and expensive running costs e cars perform just as well if not better than Nitros but then the noise and constant messing about with the cars is what adheres most to their Nitros.

• Like 1

If I could go 3s I would

Just get some practise in 2/3 throttle or something at your local bashing spots, then after a few runs give it a bit more throttle? 

I'm gonna google that model now... :P