• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kill switch glitching?

.AJ.

Took the DBXL for a bash today and had constant issues with my kill switch kicking in, it worked fine last time I ran her, the only difference is I was running a different engine today, could the coil be causing interference? And is there anything that can be done?

I'm 99.9% it's not a problem with my TX/RX, my Pro MT ran fine and also I range tested the TX with the DBXL and it was fine

The spec is

Sanwa MT4

Sanwa RX461 telemetry RX

Switchblade kill switch

Zenoah G320RC

Cheers

Voltage was over 8v and the kill switch is tucked in the RX box nicely, the kill switch would kick in when the buggy was only a meter away from me and if I was lucky I might get 10m. It seems to me that it only plays up when the engine is running

Voltage was over 8v and the kill switch is tucked in the RX box nicely, the kill switch would kick in when the buggy was only a meter away from me and if I was lucky I might get 10m. It seems to me that it only plays up when the engine is running

try wrapping the kill switch in silver foil tape

• Like 1

Does your kill switch have the clip on filter like on the Super Bee version?

That is supposed to prevent a problem like you describe.

Also the Super Bee instructions suggest trying a different plug,does the one that come with the engine have a resistor in it?

Might be worth trying the plug out of the "old" engine.

Edited by smeghead28

Now to me that sounds like a tx\rx signal issue.

The buggy is all stripped at the mo and I stuck the radio box with killswitch in my bedroom, shut all the doors and took the TX into the kitchen and it didn't lose signal

I'm going to put it down to interference from the plug/coil and try out what's been suggested

Those filters are just magnets that act like ferrite rings!!

Wrap a magnet around the killswitch wires up close to the coil/onboard engine killswitch as you can, then test the range/glitching ect

Assuming you have any magnets spare that is lol

If it is only glitching with the engine running, then it will be an interference issue.

In most cases replacing the plug will sort it. It seems with time the resistive element of the plug can break down and not suppress interference efficiently.

Make sure that you are using a CMR7h plug and make sure that you have a good connection between the coil and plug.

I hope this helps, keep us posted.

Edited by Jolly_roger_uk
  • Like 1