• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dual Charger

jpbp200

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a LiPo dual charger that does at least 8amps per battery? I don't want a parallel board as my current charger will only output 6 Amps max and I want to charge two 7600mah batteries simultaneously.

TIA

jpbp200

look on hobbyking then...they do duel/quad chargers at sensible prices..

Thanks but there is only a quad charger available and I don't want this one...http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__16374__HobbyKing_8482_ECO_4_x_6S_Lithium_Polymer_Multi_Charger.html.

Other than that they all require a separate power supply which seems to make them all around

I too am looking.

My skyrc RS16 was sent back due to separate efuel psu dying (charger was fine I think)  neverless both have been returned and fully refunded due to no stock for replacement.  Shame The charger was great :(

How long have u had the hyperion Noj ?  'never need another charger again is a bold claim.  Will it last?

well the team orion 2x100w vers seems a cheaper option, ac too.  The US have had psu issues but I have not read any neg's in the EU. (200 euro.  )

Other than that I need 80watt per channel min with 9a option.  so a 2x100 W @ 10a seems suitable.

More recommendations please...

Edited by Deafty

Deafty, bought a pair of older Hyperion duos in 2012 (180w per channel) for badger duties, coupled with a pair of 600w FUSION PSUs.

Three years down the line, despite one slightly noisy fan, both are running perfectly, never miss a beat and look after all my lipos very well.

My only reason for upgrading to the one linked is because the 6s bricks I'll be using in the 5ive require 212w to charge at 1c, ergo the current duo is a little underpowered.

Tug recommended both the brand and retailer initially, I'm grateful for the heads up.

Appreciate they cost, however, I believe said cost is justified. Prior to buying mine, I was using a pair of core uac50's... ;)

BTW, I accept 'for life' was an oversell....folk must stop taking me so seriously ;)

Edited by Noj

My first Hyperion duo was purchased in 07 or 08, still rocking on.

What PSU do you have with it?

Cool cheers, when people have em for a decent amount of time then I feel confident. :)

I hear all to often how great things are when people have only owned them for a week or too :(  So thanks for the real life 'test of time'

Though I am seriously interested in monitoring Ohms.  Anyone have tips on how to achieve this if it is not built in?

I use a refurbished server PSU, thirteen quid posted. 550 Watts, so covers my needs.

Server PSU I can easily find. Might try that then with a decent DC charger. Can't stretch to a Hyperion though :-(

Anyone want to recommend an alternative? I could just get two singles which might be cheaper I suppose. That said why doesn't everyone just use two singles? I would have thought two in one would be cheaper???

Edited by jpbp200