• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

slash 4x4 is this everything needed for lcg conversion?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-7421-Slash-4x4-Low-CG-Converison-Kit-/111414687476?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item19f0d536f4

If I brought the oldest slash 4x4 with the highest chassis would that conversion above make it into a full lcg modern slash?

I think I want to build the fastest slash 4x4 on 3s possible I might keep the vxl motor but ide most likely swap the esc for an sc8

I would like to put a 1/8 motor in too but since I'm nervous of lipo think one 3s pack will be enough to begin with. Once I'm confident (when I've actually dealt with a lipo fire lol) then ill buy 4s mayb. 

What top speeds could be expected from a slash 4x4 on 3s with the vxl.  

Or mayb a castle 3800kv which I would do but ide rather not Bcos ide want a 1/8 motor later and the castle would be wasted. 

I want to replace pretty much everything I think lol. But will use the rtr bits to barter with unless it comes with the new vxl combo then ill be happy to leave that in for the 1/10 running and just wait until I put a 1/8 set up into it for the speed run I've wanted to try for years.

Ide love to hit 100mph but ill be happy with a bash speed of 50mph enough power to drift it all day I hope.

It's main job will be dark wet carparks and the gopro car.