• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can you guess what it's going to be?

andyknight

I'll be ordering the carbon version of this tomorrow as I think it'll suit the grey better, maybe the lighting kit too as I have a 4ch system.

Andy where did you get your front shock tower and supports from? They look beefy!

Also any chance of some more detailed shots of the side trays?

I'm also thinking the remote electric start will fit with these trays on :D

The exhaust touches the cage.  I'm going to b&q in a bit to get some metal heat reflective tape.  I thought about cutting the support out but seems a shame when the cage is brand new.

John hasn't tried it with the thor pipe so he didn't know but he does now!

I'll get some more shots of the trays etc later.

The front shock tower is KM from RC Models but the supports I got from ebay (baja-cars-uk).

That tapes good Andy, i put a bit of mesh under the tape, rap the mesh around neatly first and then a bit of that heat proff tape, :) bobs your uncle fanny ya ant, the dom rubs a bit on the 5b cage but this mesh and tape methods great its never burt it again.

There is that hex cutout on the cage so maybe be able to mod somthing

Modding would be easy but if you guys sold a purpose built kit with a wheel, hex and some screws to mount on the back I imagine you would sell a few.

I know I would buy one.

• Like 1

There's a spare wheel mount on ebay ddm mmr do um

its just a post with a star brace to fix it to the kraken cage, ill bet it fits this cage from rc modelz, or make one with a wheel hex a axel with the e clip to hold in place, think how the front wheel holds on, do the same sort of thing with the spare wheel carrier :)

If you don't manage it, ill make one when I get my cage, it made me want one all the more seeing the above, nice kidda ;)

What you used to make the panels?