• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipos

Cookie1

Avoid nanotechs, for they promise greatness, yet fail miserably with cell drop outs and poor performance.

Zippy blues or standard turnigy packs are very nice and like a Vietnamese lady, will love you longtime :)

• Like 2

My Nano-techs have been great, I've had one faulty that was on delivery, which was replaced, and one failed after a bad impact. Going strong and considering they are only 25-50c they are superb.

I have nothing good to say about Giant Shark and Gens Ace, will never buy from them or support them again. :harhar:

Ouch. Sounds like a bad experience. Was it GS themselves or the battery?

Both. I bought 2 4s 5000mAh packs, I think they were 90-120c. On arrival they were not balanced correctly. And way off.

I sent them an email with what was wrong and some photos of the cell readings, and they told me to do a few cycles in the packs, which should have brought them back in line.

In one pack one cell wouldn't hit full charge, and the other pack would lose voltage from 2 cells. Both packs had a weak cell too. But both packs would hold fine at storage.

I emailed them again with the new findings, and they put it down to user error, that they were charged incorrectly, and that now I had charged them there was no warranty on the packs.

I got about 5 months out of one pack and around 8 out the other. Then they both met the nail and hammer. :sweatdrop:

Probably a bad batch, but a pretty awful experience in my view.

I recently got a couple of IP Lipo, one new after a recommendation here and one from ebay (ninja'd an early BIN listing it was second hand and posted).

I've not tried nano-tech, not gens ace, nor turnigy, but I have tried cheap make-up-a-spec lipo before and these blew them out of the water. They were just brilliant. I think the completely new one was a touch soft but that should sure up once it's had a few cycles through it. The one that has, was amazing.

If you are bored one day, and have a little money to spend, I can think of far worse ways to fare with the money than to buy an SMC or Intellect (IP) LiPo.

At least until bio batteries. And I haven't tried the flat discharge curve (new) ones.... !

ENJOY