• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hello from South Hampshire

Hello all

Ive just registered. Looking to get back into the hobby. I used to bash 1/8th monster trucks - XTM Mammoth and attempt to race a 1/8th buggy - GS Storm. I have been out of the hobby a while and I am thinking about going large scale with either an HPI Baja 5sc or a Losi 5T. Ive read all the threads that have been posted about the two and it seems I just have to make up my mind as to which one I want! 

I'm down in Hampshire so hopefully I'll be able to get up to a meet or two at Clanfield. 

Ben

Not been there for years (since its been done up)

Only been tinkering with a new to me Revo - and been going to the new carpark by the side of the new Toolstation/KFC to try and get it dialed in

(I don't think they have got anyone in any of the units yet, so its a completely empty carpark at the mo! - plenty of room to play in)

There's a small patch of loose surface on the other side of those buildings  - where they haven't yet laid tarmac and a couple of mounds of earth/chippings to play on

Managed to snap the clutch into several little pieces today bashing on there, I may have found out the cause why it doesn't always want to idle??

Will be investigating the BMX track as soon as I'm happy I have the Revo as good as I can get it

(though weekends is possibly not going to be ideal, I do also have Thursdays off, when it /should/ be deserted during school times)

Regards

Rob

I used to run the Maxx there, and on the field next to it years ago

The bombhole by the lifeboat station field claimed many a plastic part

Last year we went on the lifeboat field for a picnic and there was a couple of chaps running 1/5th Baja type buggies

I /almost/ wanted to run home and see if I could dig out the long forgotten Maxx

Edited by robocog