• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need advice on what to buy

Gmac71

Hi Guys.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Looking to get into racing nitro buggies but have no idea on what to buy from the buggy itself to the engine etc. I was hoping that you guys could maybe point me in the right direction .

Losi does sound a great start for racing. But parts look more pricey than usual and they use a mix of metric and imperial screws which I think is a ball ache.

They get quite sloppy too quite a bit of play in the arms but I keep reading that's a good thing with the 8ight. Real strange lol.

I'll be selling an 8t race roller soon for 120 with afew upgrades but it's been used as a basher I think.

It's got a front smart diff , gen 3 radio tray, alloy retainers , light end diff cups , rear spool diff , proline high force wing, but it's also got a fairly scuffed up chassis.

hot bodies d8, losi 8ight 2.0 or 3.0 (imperial), serpent, agama..... do some reading up on google and dont leap into anything. If you can get a nice condition well looked used race set up with buggy, engine, servos, starter box and spares etc for a good price then you wont lose out on too much money if you resell. :)