• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wheel keeps falling off.....

almighty15

The wheel on my new KM Baja keeps coming off.

The pin that holds the hex on keeps coming out when in use and I put it back in and after a while it comes out again.

Luckily I've managed to find it each time but it shouldn't be doing it at all

Any idea how to fix it?

nybaqs.jpg

These ideally should of been threaded and screwed in.

If you have a look down the end of the outer drive there 'should' be an allen bolt. you assemble everything, put the pin through and then tighten that allen bolt up. That stops the pin from falling out.

• Like 1

If you have a look down the end of the outer drive there 'should' be an allen bolt. you assemble everything, put the pin through and then tighten that allen bolt up. That stops the pin from falling out.

That did the trick!! Major respect!!

That did the trick!! Major respect!!

I only knew that cos i had to strip the rear hub lastnight as i snapped one of the parts in a roll, had to hammer the pin out with a drift. stopped for 5 minutes while i had a smoke.

While i was doing that i gave all the parts a good inspection and noticed the allen bolt, was much easier getting the pin back in after that!! haha

To avoid embarassing problems....

1) Go to HPI website

2) Download Baja SS manual

3) Read the document section relevant to whatever part of your car is giving you grief....

And THEN break out the tools :)

HPI give the manual as a free download, and it is well worth having

• Like 2

I tried all them things, tape, rubber shaft boot cut down, locktite, tape and a rubber band, not one kept these pins in, iv put a nut and bolt on there with a spring washer and iv never had any trouble since,

i used the bolts out of the top rear shock tower of a fg style rear end 5th scale, there only half thred to, they have a smooth shoulder on the top part of the bolt,

purfect so the threds don't chafe the hell out of the axel and your alloy hex,

i got the exploded view but no manual that i can recall, but yes i didnt think of looking at that first, have only ever used it for part numbers when i needed a new part.