• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need better servo's, cheap place to get some?

almighty15

DONT go cheap on servos, servos/radio equipment should be the most invested in! ...youve heard the motto "buy cheap & you get cheap" well, thats defo the case with servos dude! 

Ive just ordered a rhino digi4 (HV) which is the newer one that supports higher voltage, on sale at the mo from hobby thek.. servo + alloy horn + shipping about

Edited by rctruckz
  • Like 2

Iv just put the hitec hv 8370 digital servo in mine for t/b and its amazing, loads of power for the breaks, and more than enough for the throttle, and its fast to, my throttle is so snappy its changed the characteristics of my km, but for the better its just what I was looking for, a fast response for both the t/b,

it now clear that I need a upgraded batteries, ithink Iits slowed my steering sevo down a bit and my range is only any good when I first go out with it, aspecally since I but this hv servo in, but its still worth it if I only get 1 tank through it until I get the battery pack, ubber rc battery pack, mark dropped me a link in one of the other threds ;)

And there was no messing with brackets for the t/b servo from hitec and you get loads of stuff with it, servo horns all shapes and sizes,

stickers, who dosnt! Lol!

And they supply a hex head bolt aswell as a

DONT go cheap on servos, servos/radio equipment should be the most invested in! ...youve heard the motto "buy cheap & you get cheap" well, thats defo the case with servos dude! 

Ive just ordered a rhino digi4 (HV) which is the newer one that supports higher voltage, on sale at the mo from hobby thek.. servo + alloy horn + shipping about

Thats where ive bought mine from along with alloy servo horn and a new alloy servo saver, hopefully be ere monday, hobbythek has good offers on stuff every month, over the years ive prob spent 1000s on hop ups from there! :-(

Iv just put the hitec hv 8370 digital servo in mine for t/b and its amazing, loads of power for the breaks, and more than enough for the throttle, and its fast to, my throttle is so snappy its changed the characteristics of my km, but for the better its just what I was looking for, a fast response for both the t/b,

it now clear that I need a upgraded batteries, ithink Iits slowed my steering sevo down a bit and my range is only any good when I first go out with it, aspecally since I but this hv servo in, but its still worth it if I only get 1 tank through it until I get the battery pack, ubber rc battery pack, mark dropped me a link in one of the other threds ;)

And there was no messing with brackets for the t/b servo from hitec and you get loads of stuff with it, servo horns all shapes and sizes,

stickers, who dosnt! Lol!

And they supply a hex head bolt aswell as a

The voltz ones have low mAh je.models have hpi hump pack 4300 mAh for bout

Edited by mark35

Iv bought of him before good service, i can't find anything other than the hpi hump back.

And you think this what he sells is going to be better than the ubber tackle? Its interesting this how many different opinions of extra battery life, rx power ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Iv bought of him before good service, i can't find anything other than the hpi hump back.

And you think this what he sells is going to be better than the ubber tackle? Its interesting this how many different opinions of extra battery life, rx power ;)

I can reccomend the HPI 4600 pack, had one 6 months now & it lasts ages & holds a charge well.

Plus, there cheap.

This place have the Rhino at a great price at the momenthttp://rc-car-online.de/shop/de/products/mpx_65154_angebot-65154-multiplex-servo-rhino-pro-shv-digi-4-angebot.html

Was hard to say no :lol:

AJ, is there a reason why you went for this upgrade? What's up with the stock on the Dbxl?

not much chopping required, just some bits here and there that need smoothing out of the lid.  it's a tight fit with the lipo but if you don't want to buy another taller lid it still works fine.

If you want good quality batteries at a good price then I suggest these guys:http://www.componentshop.co.uk/6v-5000mah-sc-nimh-hump-battery-pack.html

Had stuff off them before and never had any issues.

now thats a good price, they dont even have those packs on the vp site .;)