• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

fg baja

conchp

http://s376.photobucket.com/user/Connor_Chapman/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Snapchat-2568929774333949716_zpsglwdnjt5.jpg.html

heres his problem^^^ coil not fitted, just hangin sent me these pics to help but I have to go out now..;)

Looks more like tryed to start with the coil hangin a been caught in the flywheel an thats what pulled the wires out.. just a guess though..;)

Are you priming the carb?

Are you using the choke?

After you have been trying to start take the plug out and see if it is wet with fuel.

When you pull the start can you feel compression?

Pipes on the carb. right way around ( Pick up pipe lower connection return pipe upper connection)

Edited by Ian w
  • Like 1

Hmmm the plug doesn't seem wet at all, I can feel compression and its airs pushed out the exaust, hmm the original problem was just not starting when I ran it the night before, the fuel when pushing on the bulb seems bubbly in the tube when pushing the bulb, the bubbles channel back into the tank when primed? If that's any help? (Not all the fuel has bubbles/throth just certane bits )

Make sure the pipes are on the right way pipe from the tank to the bottom connecter return pipe ( usualy clear yellow) returns to tank, fuel in this pipe does sometimes apear bubbley. Also make sure the clunk (The filter thing in the tank) has not got caught up somewhere and is  in the fuel.

When you pump the primer fuel in the yellow pipe should go back to the tank, if it does not the pipes are reversed.

You are using the choke ? Choke on for 2 or 3 pulls or until you hear it fire then choke of.

Edited by Ian w

Make sure the pipes are on the right way pipe from the tank to the bottom connecter return pipe ( usualy clear yellow) returns to tank, fuel in this pipe does sometimes apear bubbley. Also make sure the clunk (The filter thing in the tank) has not got caught up somewhere and is  in the fuel.

When you pump the primer fuel in the yellow pipe should go back to the tank, if it does not the pipes are reversed.

You are using the choke ? Choke on for 2 or 3 pulls or until you hear it fire then choke of.

The fuel pipe at the bottom of the carb is flow..tops return

• Like 2

Hmmm the plug doesn't seem wet at all, I can feel compression and its airs pushed out the exaust, hmm the original problem was just not starting when I ran it the night before, the fuel when pushing on the bulb seems bubbly in the tube when pushing the bulb, the bubbles channel back into the tank when primed? If that's any help? (Not all the fuel has bubbles/throth just certane bits )

You say the plug not wet then it don`t seem like it`s getting any fuel time to check carb and mixture settings.

Manchester mate & hmmm how cone it ran to start with but now needs needles reset?

Just to get things straight and organized ahaha here's what happened and what's been done

The night before the car ran fine next day no start.

Took out the plug and wiped of oil, was then cross threaded so no compression.

New sparkplug, head, 34mm x 1mm piston ring fitted correct and new gaskets fitted.

Coil housing or whatever it's called was properly put in place and set above flywheel with card. The pull start now doesn't return fully, it needs to be pulled slightly more to return in place, I'm guessing this is because of the flywheel and the magnetic bit

There is a spark

No sign of life with choke on or off

It just smells of unburnt petrol when pulled

Compression is also not an issue

Bet it's the fuel cap, mine did the same, it was ever so strange to why it wouldnt run, lol! The hole in the fuel cap was blocked up the rubber had sealed its self up after the factory put the hole in it, or moulded it, I drilled it out the rubber bit and it was sound, I couldnt believe this rubber thing was causing all this hassle, lol! Try it I couldnt believe it till I checked it. Good luck.