• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 8T

Hi, i brought this losi just after i went to buy an lrp big block but then saw this truggy has an lrp 32 plus pretty well specced all round. The ebay add was the usual sketchy description and bad pics.

I know of afew things i managed to identify such as.

DE mud guards

De fuel puller

Gen 3 radio tray

Lipo converted rx

Red alloy shock retainers

King hdz quick engine mount

Los quick change engine mount.

Smart front diff with lightens cups.

Rear spool different, I don't have a clue about this I hope it's an optional different tho not welded ext lol.

I don't know for sure but to me the turn buckles look like the Ti ones in pics that would be great if anyone can tell.

I need to get to know as much about the roller as possible as I only brought it for the engine and afew other prices.

The shells paint is flaking off on the front so I just threw some orange at it lol. I actually like it. But a new she'll would be best.

If any losi 8t long time users could on me to help me go through it that would be great. I had a 8th buggy but not for long I swapped it with tutor on here I think.

20150227_170243_zpsjo4jqssk.jpg

20150227_171051_zpsc5iv8c6m.jpg 20150227_170310_zpsqymxzhvh.jpg

here's what I plan to rebuild with it.

20141118_213232_zpsuighbqtt.jpg

I have 2 losi boxes too one full of screws the other full of clutch spares.

Ide like help on making sure it's a mechanically good rc roller once I've stripped the organs ill clean it then too for better pics.

There is an issue one wheel is stripped which isn't too bad as I was going to put them on my review anyway. But ide gladly bake the tire off and reuse it.

The chassis is pretty scratched up too but my 8t was worse lol. I'll put a coating of something on.

Edited by RCbutcher

Forgot these.

Here's the Lipo conversion ill probably go back to nihm what should I list them as price wise after checking them and them being good. Are they sought after?

20150227_165808_zpsy5so9t1w.jpg

20150227_170334_zpshugcnpa9.jpg

20150227_170324_zpsflvdhvll.jpg

I think the jamming job is a great pipe to highly sought but I don't like revs with side pipes so need a valuation on that too please. It has spare springs new with it. Plus excellent condition. It's just a rounded hex and scuffed chassis for the Cons so far.

Of course shell too lol. But overall pretty good.

Edited by RCbutcher

It's the flex chassis I'm sure. I had the 8b before and thought black chassis equals flex.

Ide be very tempted to keep this and sell the revo but my revo roller has near

Yeah its a losi 8T 2.0 race roller.

Can I get some advice on the lipos. If I plug them into my charger with just the balance plug will I be able to read the cells.

When charging do I need to have both jst and balance plugged into it?

Should one of them start smoking is it ok to just throw it into a bucket of water unplugged ofcourse. Or salt water?