• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finally a member of the 1/5th club!

almighty15

Their isn't a stock killswitch, unless you bought one at the same time, but you'd know if their was, it'd already be soldered up to the button and the 3rd channel plug wouldn't be free in the receiver.

Don't mistake a failsafe for a killswitch buddy, not the same thing but an easy mistake to make.

Welcome to the club! :D

Not sure how someone could confuse that with a remote killswitch you have to solder in though?

If he did then fair enough but I find that hard to believe :lol:

i was just correcting you, all petrol cars have a killswitch from stock, as do all the full engines you can buy.

a remote killswitch it is not, but its still a killswitch.

while on the subject i'd like to point out that my baja has and has always had a killswitch installed, i just couldn't use my tx with it :P

Their isn't a stock killswitch, unless you bought one at the same time, but you'd know if their was, it'd already be soldered up to the button and the 3rd channel plug wouldn't be free in the receiver.

Don't mistake a failsafe for a killswitch buddy, not the same thing but an easy mistake to make.

Welcome to the club! :D

There's a kill switch on the engine.... remote or not it is a kill switch.....

I've not removed it and put the remote kill switch in, I've just soldered the wires from the remote kill switch to the stock one which I hope was the right thing to do.

• Like 1

There's a kill switch on the engine.... remote or not it is a kill switch.....

I've not removed it and put the remote kill switch in, I've just soldered the wires from the remote kill switch to the stock one which I hope was the right thing to do.

you can do that fine, long as one wires went to one connector and the other wire went to the other connector

Threadlock EVERYTHING.  I've gone through most bolts now and half of the were loose.  I also fitted a tamiya style connector between the kill switch wiring and rx box so i can remove the whole box without having to open everything up and disturb wiring.  The larger hump pack and lipo in the tx is also a good upgrade if you want longer running time.

Andy

Just tried to drive it slowly up the drive way and I really have to pile the rev's on to get it to move... thought these things were just as sensitive as nitro cars when it can to clutch engagement?

It's been left for 15 minutes, then cool down for 15 minutes.... I've done that twice.

Now I have to drive it slow for 15 minutes and let it cool for 15 minutes, do that 3 times.

Problem is that at the moment I can't drive it at low rev's because the car won't roll.

Do these have a slipper clutch?

It sounds and smells ****ing awesome though and this Thor pipe is supposed to be a quiet pipe???

Just tried to drive it slowly up the drive way and I really have to pile the rev's on to get it to move... thought these things were just as sensitive as nitro cars when it can to clutch engagement?

It's been left for 15 minutes, then cool down for 15 minutes.... I've done that twice.

Now I have to drive it slow for 15 minutes and let it cool for 15 minutes, do that 3 times.

Problem is that at the moment I can't drive it at low rev's because the car won't roll.

It sounds and smells ****ing awesome though and this Thor pipe is supposed to be a quiet pipe???

good job you didnt get the dom then lol!

Edited by flatout!

its not a nitro kid it weighs god nows how much more, these 5th scales are a lot heavier

It's been heat cycled every 15 minutes now so I've just got to take it easy for a few tanks and break in will be done.

Hopefully will get this done by end of tomorrow!

Got a link to the RCModelz version of the DOM?

And I'm already thinking of going with the 2 speed upgrade.. I'll replace the other parts as they break...

Iv only had a 5th scales and iv only been at it for 12 week altogether, not long but iv got a advantage of knowing my way around a 2 stroke but i have struggled with servos and stuff, knowing how it all works, but you'll get it for sure, be patient with it and take some good advice off this wicked forum "up msuk" love the forum and all the guys on it,

theres loads of good threds on here, it'll get you sorted every time, if it doesn't then someone is always on here so your going to be ok,

I didnt find anything on line that can touch this forum on help and advice ;) and we're you got it from to, rc modelz have always been there for me, and many others im sure too ;)