• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Advice on what to buy?

JHarrisonKerr95

Right, looking at getting into the electric side of the rc hobby now that I have been at the nitro side for a while now but would like something that isn't going to annoy the neighbours as much as my 2 noisy nitros I have... Had a couple of those angry neighbour days with some around where I live lol.

Looking at spending between 200-250 on preferable a drifter or just a nippy on roader with all the gear chargers, rechargeable batteries, controller etc. And also RTR not that I don't mind building a kit it's just that I haven't got much time to spend building one and would prefer just to receive delivery of a rc and charge it up and then rag it around for a good hour or so.

Have been looking at the HPI's such as the e10 or sprint 2 as my current nitro is a hpi rs4 which I love and have many upgrades on it and one I probably wouldn't sell as of yet.

Advice would be appreciated if you could steer me towards which ones to go for on my budget.

Thank you in advance

Edited by JHarrisonKerr95

Whats your recommendations guy's/girls?

Welcome!!..well u won't go wrong with a hpi for sure. ..good quality rc's and plenty of parts back up as u well know...and up grades....i can't advise as I'm not iinto the drift/road side of things. ..but I'm sure sum one will b along with sum good suggestions. .have a good look on modelsports shop...plenty of road rc's there for sure. ..if u see sumin u like...ask up on here for sum appions... Edited by evssv

Thanks for the feedback guys. You definitely can't go wrong with hpi... Well from my experience with nitros anyway as there pretty reliable as long as you maintain them which like anything mechanical will last.

The vaterra v100 looks pretty good... Loving the Nissan gtr gt3 kit and splitter/diffuser on them. Also for the price it's within budget which allows some more money to go towards upgrading. Would be looking at upgrading to brushless in the future.