• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Every rc car iv ever own has been trouble !

Paco

What about the nuts and bolts , the quality is terrible the heads on the Allen key go on everything, my losi an hpi are all the same .

A decent set of drivers go a long way towards helping this.

As above, alot is down to prior preparation and preventative maintenance.

30min play 2 hour repair!!!

Isn't this part of the fun?.....tis for me anyways.

• Like 3

But if you hop up the right parts, then drive it within its limits, you should get hours of drive time without issue. I've got cars that can be driven hard all day long and not complain.

What have you got? Where do you drive it? Do you hit the ramps particularly hard?

• Like 1

But if you hop up the right parts, then drive it within its limits, you should get hours of drive time without issue. I've got cars that can be driven hard all day long and not complain.

What have you got? Where do you drive it? Do you hit the ramps particularly hard?

within limits, now thats a real one for discussion I class jumps under 12 ft within limits. if you drive at half throttle on a flat grassy field you should be fine, if you want a bit grin like a child pull the trigger with one hand and put your hand in your pocket with the other, lifes too short for being a girl about it. Need to find the limit !!

• Like 1

At moment I have hpi maverick blackout 1/5 up graded engine an other bits an a losi xxx sct , an my daughter has a ftx vantage , as yes do drive hard an hit any think that looks like jump all weather conditions, but ent that what there made for

within limits, now thats a real one for discussion I class jumps under 12 ft within limits. if you drive at half throttle on a flat grassy field you should be fine, if you want a bit grin like a child pull the trigger with one hand and put your hand in your pocket with the other, lifes too short for being a girl about it. Need to find the limit !!

Well said ????

No discussion needed, wanna break your ride? Go ahead, ain't care, it ain't mine. Just because I don't set out to smash hundreds of pounds worth of equipment, does alter my gender.

I quickly find the limits of my cars, then engineer the weaknesses out.

• Like 2

Servos on most RTRs are usually barely able to do the job they're there to do, the manufacturers get away with it because the servo manages to do the job, just! Most of us upgrade to high spec servos anyway, probably why they only fit cheapo servos.

Diffs vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, from car to car. Some have diffs that'll never see the light of day because they're that good. Others are woefully under engineered.

I'm thinking this thread is somewhat of a moot issue, set to pointlessly repeat itself.

I don't like things breaking when they shouldn't, however, if you don't want spend time and money maintenance, then you're in the wrong hobby.

• Like 2

please link the cheap hs 12.9's. 

cheers

Depends what size you need and what head.

I personally use this seller; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-M4-M5-M6-SELF-COLOUR-BLACK-SOCKET-CAP-SCREWS-12-9-HT-ALLEN-KEY-BOLTS-/111376968777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item19ee95ac49

Theirs also Boltbase, Kays Fasteners and B3nball.

• Like 1

Bashing : breaking or pushing something to the limit, causing damage to an item, hitting an item. 

term used to be Beat Your truck or BYT, thats what the old skool was, you ran the street with your optima mid pro or your tamiyavanti

thing is it was not for fun it was for testing, ready for the local rc races.

bashing is the same old thing, open throttle and hit the ramp at full power, maybe pop to a evenings racing or a weekend race day.

pop you machine on the line for the newbies race and see the other side of rc, where that anger is moulded into racing.

bashing v racing in parts damage , 30% damage to a racer, 90-100% to a basher. you have more chance on a technical fail

than an arm getting torn right of or a hub splitting in half.

NEW, yep thats right its new, usually stuffed with cheap parts like servos, motors, batterys etc etc.

servos we always have a spare in the junk bucket ( and yes you make junk buckets full or old parts )

servo savers, a few tie rods a shock a spring , and half a twix from the week before.

on a new machine they dont expect the user to abuse it. well not full whack into a kerb. but there is some give way.

and thats the plastic, its a bit soft and flexi, it does and will break. thats good in a way. but for a hardbasher its a fail.

the main parts to fail on a new machine are :

servo steering shoots out and breaks.

a front arm will break.

the servo saver tends to be not so strong.

a screw coming loose from drive train.

a lost drive shaft dogbone

a poor esc/electronics

so yep stuff breaks and we have to fix it. i have bust drives, props, wings, motors, esc's and many many many plastic parts.

but i can say i had good fun.