• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Inferno Neo 2.0 Thread

Gwigga

Its a shame, Kyosho are great imo, they have done some great cars over the years.... and some poor ones. I will always have a soft spot for the inerno as it comes from a long line of 1/8th scale buggies . They invented the 1/8th buggy, the days of the Burns series of cars of the 80's, it started it all!

But unfortunately there just are not enough inferno owners im afraid!  Maybe you should change it to a Kyosho owners thread, let us see all the interesting Kyosho's people have!  :thumbsup:

Its a shame, Kyosho are great imo, they have done some great cars over the years.... and some poor ones. I will always have a soft spot for the inerno as it comes from a long line of 1/8th scale buggies . They invented the 1/8th buggy, the days of the Burns series of cars of the 80's, it started it all!

But unfortunately there just are not enough inferno owners im afraid!  Maybe you should change it to a Kyosho owners thread, let us see all the interesting Kyosho's people have!  :thumbsup:

Very True

any admins change the title and remove Inferno Neo 2.0 from title

I think that is the point, most other POPULAR models have a thread.......  :whistling:

Cheeky!

Being a Kyosho Guy i keep my eye on what is used at different places tracks etc.

Its very popular in my area and always been a good intro model to 1/8th buggy. 

There's not a lot you would need to do to it to improve performance other than the right wheels and tires and possibly upgrade Engine.

Being a Kyosho Guy i keep my eye on what is used at different places tracks etc.

Its very popular in my area and always been a good intro model to 1/8th buggy. 

There's not a lot you would need to do to it to improve performance other than the right wheels and tires and possibly upgrade Engine.

On the subject of wheels and tyres im looking for a decent set of spikes, for non cut grass, its not terribly long I could jest use better traction, i was looking at the badlands or similar

Inferno neo 2.0 owner here. I love it, its never missed a beat in 2 months of ownership. Out every weekend with it too. Also got two drx's one of which is nitro. Also been spot on. I really rate my kyoshos.

I've had kyosho cars and motobikes many many years ago, my girlfirends boys are of an age where their getting interested..... well thats my excuse to revice a passion

Ive just got myself a kyosho inferno neo st with novarossi s4 plus engine havnt had a chance to run it yet but I like the look of it more than my trophy truggy looks well built to me

• Like 1

Ordered a fair few parts for the Neo from Adam@JRRacing

Front and Rear Antil Roll Bar Kits

Some SPare front Arms

Air Filter Oil

Shock Oil

Diff Oil

Mud Guards from the MP9

Carrying Bag

Fuel Filter

to start with....

Inferno neo 2.0 owner here. I love it, its never missed a beat in 2 months of ownership. Out every weekend with it too. Also got two drx's one of which is nitro. Also been spot on. I really rate my kyoshos.

Did you find that the pipe from the fuel cell to the carb very short, mine was bent as such it had a kink which was causing fuel starvation causing some initial starting issues

Would adding a longer pipe in with more flowing bends be ok do ytou think?

Hi Gwigga,

You dont really want that pipe too long, However it does not want to be Kinked.

Try to make sure its routed properly and add Cleats to that it does not twist or come off.

To make a cleat we just cut a small length of fuel pipe and put it over the pipe where it goes onto the nipples. Best way to do it is with long nose pliers to open the cleat up enough to slip over the pipe.

• Like 1

Hi Gwigga,

You dont really want that pipe too long, However it does not want to be Kinked.

Try to make sure its routed properly and add Cleats to that it does not twist or come off.

To make a cleat we just cut a small length of fuel pipe and put it over the pipe where it goes onto the nipples. Best way to do it is with long nose pliers to open the cleat up enough to slip over the pipe.

Do mean split a piece of fuel pip and wrap it round or is it stretchy enough to be double layered as such?

No Don't Split,

You make it stretch over. Cut a piece of old fuel pipe to about 3 or 4mm long, get some long nose pliers and slip inside and open it up enough to go over the fuel line to be fitted to the nipple!

http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/08/09/under-the-hood-elliott-boots-5/

Have a look at the Cleat on the Fuel tank pressure nipple.

• Like 1

No Don't Split,

You make it stretch over. Cut a piece of old fuel pipe to about 3 or 4mm long, get some long nose pliers and slip inside and open it up enough to go over the fuel line to be fitted to the nipple!

http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/08/09/under-the-hood-elliott-boots-5/

Have a look at the Cleat on the Fuel tank pressure nipple.

I get it, tightens up the seal

see the pic below mine follows the path of the red arrow and becuase the carb nipp points down it puts a bend it to what is a really short pipe to start with

Untitled_zpshoiywsk3.png

Edited by Gwigga

Pretty sure he means double layer it (the small extra length going over the outside to increase compression on the fitting). I build PC's with water cooling and the principle is the same, many people were using hose clips until it was best practise to use oversize fitting with heated tubing put over the top which is much more secure.

Pretty sure he means double layer it (the small extra length going over the outside to increase compression on the fitting). I build PC's with water cooling and the principle is the same, many people were using hose clips until it was best practise to use oversize fitting with heated tubing put over the top which is much more secure.

could always boil a few pieces up also :) use to do this to the old long antena tubes that used to be stubborn lol

could always boil a few pieces up also :) use to do this to the old long antena tubes that used to be stubborn lol

Reason I double posted the same answer. PC cooling using acrylic tubing which can be heated to increase flexibility, RC tubing AFAIK is silicone which is resistant to heat so I doubt can be heated to increase flexibility, but if i'm wrong happy to be corrected.

Mines on order now. RTR should really include a metal detector huh XD

Forgot some fuel line and still unsure if theres a fuel filter fitted to the tank so went back for some bits this morning along with some blue threadlock!

EDIT: also saw something abut this and always being the left hand side due to the direction of the thread so time to hunt matching blue reverse thread nuts I guess lol

Edited by Karl Hungus