• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ribbit...ribbit....

evssv

Looking good :)

Never driven a frog/brat/Blackfoot....what's the chassis like??

thk that called it a bath tub chassis ..I did have the orginal black foot when I was 12-13...did have. .lol..wish I still had it now...same chassis as this... Edited by evssv

Are you planning restoring it to fully original?

Looking good :)

Never driven a frog/brat/Blackfoot....what's the chassis like??

Had a couple of brats in the past and with a few little cheap mods they become a good little truck....

Are you planning restoring it to fully original?

Had a couple of brats in the past and with a few little cheap mods they become a good little truck....

not sure yet. It needs a few parts replaced....i did a fulll restore on my striker. .....looks better then new now.. vcgdyhurt031_zpsa1ee8d66.jpg Edited by evssv

Lmao, was just going to reply I remember painting one of those driver figures......

Such basic rc's but so much nostalgia and fun....

The cv boots came as stock on the brat and frog, kept carp out when running.

Yeah deffo do a full resto like the striker....it will be a great addition to the collection :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Striker looks nice :)

thanks. ...I had that when I was 14...I b 40 this year!!....me mum bought it out of kays catalogue. ..of all places...me dads mate built it for me....and I broke it a day before Christmas day on a gate post...after whinging like hell to have a quik go around our green...me mum was not amused. ...i had to wait wks for a new chassis from beatties..lol!!... Edited by evssv

Lmao, was just going to reply I remember painting one of those driver figures......

Such basic rc's but so much nostalgia and fun....

The cv boots came as stock on the brat and frog, kept carp out when running.

Yeah deffo do a full resto like the striker....it will be a great addition to the collection :thumbsup:

I got the original twin metal aerials coming for it. ...gonna put right all the bits what need doing....the fr bumper mount has been glued but only 10 quid for the H tree parts from vintage tamiya on ebay.....need the 2 spot lights aswell... Edited by evssv

• 3 weeks later...

That brings back memories, remember when my mate got one when they were new. I was so jealous and nothing else any of us had could touch it. Top car :)

I never had/wanted the frog first time round..i ended up with a blackfoot when I was 9....me mate had the hornet....wish I`d of kept me bfoot now....

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great bud the black bumper Deffo looks better than the older white or red crp ones . Just needs another fake rx wire to finish it off . An the crp bumper better than stock being an one part unit the weak part on the original & rere was the bit from inner chassis to bumper . Enjoy running it great fun on sand and gravel roads .

Looks great bud the black bumper Deffo looks better than the older white or red crp ones . Just needs another fake rx wire to finish it off . An the crp bumper better than stock being an one part unit the weak part on the original & rere was the bit from inner chassis to bumper . Enjoy running it great fun on sand and gravel roads .

yep..the original mount had snapped on the left side .....the H tree part was 10 quid or the crp bumper was 9 quid delivered .....so I went with the bumper....way more stronger/flexy then the tamiya plastics... Edited by evssv