• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

insurance

carnageUK

BRCA say their insurance covers you anytime, anywhere. I seem to recall them saying that majority of claims relate to "non-event" incidents.

I don't think it does unless they've changed it. I think it only covers BRCA specific events and BRCA affiliated tracks. Edited by supersavage

• 2 weeks later...

Covers you in public as well, one of the main reasons that i got my membership.

Quoted from their handbook that can be found online;

The Cover is:-
Public Liability Insurance of
Edited by Renllek

interesting, i was unaware that the brca also covers you in public.

i would guess a lot of other people don't know this either, but then it does bring a question, how much of a "problem" are rc accidents, given that we can have insurance if we choose to, i wonder why it isn't made law

Why is it 'common', because it is expected and generally a good, normal reaction.

People tend to jump to conclusions too quickly these days ...

'He's got a dog, bet he's going to call the Police to chase me off ...'

'He's got a gasser, must be a hooligan, ripping up all the dirt and destroying it for the rest of us but if I speak to him he'll bite my head off ...'

Doesn't have to be the case.

Common sense, courtesy, decency .... old school is still right here.

Broken record, but that's why it's 'common'.

Al.

LOL , common sense, now your talking my language.....

As well as common sense, you should employ common courtesy too. As well as both of these, common decency.

I think these 'common' approaches would make the world a much nicer place to bash......

These 'common' approaches would make the world a better place to live let alone bash, but so many people have absolutely none, even worse some CHOOSE to have none which is a complete disgrace.

It is amazing how much respect one gets having these, prime EG was last night, a dog walker was in the area so we brought the cars back to us and stopped running around until they passed. Started running again when they got to the edge of the field. they then stopped and watch for a while and then went off.

A little while latter they come back and right up to us, we thought he was gunna have a moan and ask us to move on. quite the opposite, he said how nice it was that we stopped our cars when he come along and that it was a nice change to see people up here with a 'proper' hobby and not tearing the land up on crossers and making a nuisance. Stood there for around half an hour talking about the cars.

Edited by Renllek
  • Like 2

These 'common' approaches would make the world a better place to live let alone bash, but so many people have absolutely none, even worse some CHOOSE to have none which is a complete disgrace.

It is amazing how much respect one gets having these, prime EG was last night, a dog walker was in the area so we brought the cars back to us and stopped running around until they passed. Started running again when they got to the edge of the field. they then stopped and watch for a while and then went off.

A little while latter they come back and right up to us, we thought he was gunna have a moan and ask us to move on. quite the opposite, he said how nice it was that we stopped our cars when he come along and that it was a nice change to see people up here with a 'proper' hobby and not tearing the land up on crossers and making a nuisance. Stood there for around half an hour talking about the cars.

Classic example of 'behaviour breeding behaviour'

You showed them respect and consideration, and in return they treated you the same. That's how it should always be in the ideal world. Sadly, it's the exception rather than the rule. If more people acted like you did, then we would have fewer issues finding good places to use our cars and fewer councils banning RCs from their land.

• Like 3

I always stop when the dog walkers walk by, mainly because where we bash they walk right where your driving, I mean there is a huge area that they can quite easily avoid the cars, but there are always some that just head right for the "track" which everyone can clearly see we are driving around.

Interesting to read, I've got brca membership too.