• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Boscam,clover leaf and crap reception..:(

yoodoo

if it is 5.8 ghz  then you cannot do much with it.   my fatshark does better in a quadcopter than it does in a RC car.  with 5.8  it has to be full line of site  also you cannot be near any buildings  even if they are not in your line of sight.

i would try a open area.  also at 200ft i would say you have everything connected up correct.  but i would try a different channel.   and do you have it fitted to a car or a flying machine of some sort.  also if you can try to get a mate to just carry the camera and FPV TX just to be sure your not getting interference from your RC model.

Edited by turok007

i don't know if it will work on your setup but on the 5.8 fatshark RX  people have had good results with a  helical antenna.  im looking at getting one or make my own

just ordered one lol  only

Edited by turok007

i went for this one  it is from outside the UK  but it cost alot less.  it is a left one  i don't know if the boscam users a L or R one   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-8g-L-helical-L-Monopole-Antenna-Helical-Quadcopter-Multirotor-FPV-NEW-UK-Stock-/221667541046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339c6a4036

the outcome was it was from the UK  so i got it in a couple of days  but since i have had it.  the weather has been rubbish lol   but i have it all ready to go once the weather is better.  also i have been reading up on the helical  and people say even a really badly made one will work better than a stock antenna.   and it is supposed to be possible to use the helical + a cloverleaf at the same time on the RX  so you can still get a good picture when the TX is close to you.

are you using that setup  or are you thinking of getting it.   this is my setup at the moment but not tested it yet.  it better work or it's hammer time. 

No.not at the moment,but I was talking to another forum member and thats what he was using.

got to test the helical today  it was only in my built up street.   but with it i got about a extra 20ft round a corner.  don't sound much but with all the interference from the structures and peoples wifi and stuff i think it did well.  i will give it a proper run down the field when i can.