• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Dee Bee

.AJ.

I think any aftermarket exhaust will be better than the crappy stock can and from all the reviews and thread I've been reading the air filter isn't much better, so the idea is to get the engine breathing better from the start :)

Just get the ESP head kit from freeprawn. Just as good as any of the tuned engines. And the Samba is the pipe to go for. Nice smooth power band

and not just loads of noise like the others.

Also get some normal body clips as the DBXL ones are a pita  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Just get the ESP head kit from freeprawn. Just as good as any of the tuned engines. And the Samba is the pipe to go for. Nice smooth power band

and not just loads of noise like the others.

Also get some normal body clips as the DBXL ones are a pita  :thumbsup:

Nice choice aj, i fitted a esp head kit onto my 5ive, honestly i was amazed how much difference it made along with a pipe, it had a really strong top end it almost had like a power band, it certainly made my 5ive haul ass, imo its all thats needed.

• Like 1

Very nice AJ! - When I had my 5ive I put the BZM Micro on it, im not sure they do one for the DBXL though? - I was amazed at the difference it made, so I reckon the right pipe is key.

I'm sure you already know this lol.

5th scales are brilliant, especially if you are going to race them.. Bashing wise they are good too, in the right place, if it's just flat it boring!

Look forward to seeing what you do to it! - Deep pockets required lol..

• Like 1

I'm running the BZM Micro side pipe, granted it's in a Baja, but the power difference between this and other pipes is very good, I also ran it on the stock engine for a brief period and it's got good power gain, if you're not planning on racing and aren't limited by noise restrictions, it's definitely worth looking at if they fit the DBXL.