• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6.

Bit premature but got one coming soon and as I haven't done a build thread for quite some time, I'd do one.

Sticking with stock shell this time around... I really miss my old SCX10 D90, but fancy trying something different, so same chassis, slightly different theme/style.

Edited by Oh How Original

Good to hear mate im following all scx10s i can to get ideas for my daughters.

Ive had an idea idk if it'll work but the rock rails look like a diy metal one would be easy. Just get another set of the fittings you mount to the chassis and screw those into some box alloy strips.

Then just some small round bar to plug into each side of the fittings. Securing the bar into each sides fitting idk tho. Shoo goo if nothing better.

No welding needed but making the alloy look good is another thing lol. Mayb just cut circles into it like stock and paint them or leave chrome.

I'm not sure if I'll bother with metal rock sliders and whatnot, going to just leave her stock for the time being.

I have been looking at sheds though and welders, my Dad's been fancying getting a big shed to do welding and spraying in as well, so we shall see.

Failing that, Gaz can do mine lol.

• Like 1

I was going to get you to do them for my other little idea, but it's turned out to be a real royal PITA to try that... And far more costly than I thought, so I'll keep that in the 'possible future builds' part of my brain :P:lol:

The bumpers I think I'll leave stock for now, simply because if you bottom out on a steel bumper theirs no give were as I'm sure their will be a small amount in a plastic one.

I do want to run something past you though Gaz, so I shall PM you a bit later after I've done tea and whatnot :)

Yep I'm a huge fan of the thin rear end too, generally like you'd have a proper off roader, sort of reminds me of a Wraith back end for some reason.

I'm also not sure if it's because this is a more expensive kit and the QC is better or what but this kit compared to my Dingo kit is going together like an absolute dream.

Now that's a nice parcel to be getting.....

As daft as it sounds a box stock g6 (apart from wheel weights) won class 2 at the scale nationals, in the hands of Pete gray.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this fella :thumbsup:

Now that's a nice parcel to be getting.....

As daft as it sounds a box stock g6 (apart from wheel weights) won class 2 at the scale nationals, in the hands of Pete gray.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this fella :thumbsup:

That doesn't surprise me as the G6 is very capable stock. I love mine. :)

As I previously said, the tolerances seem a bit higher than that of the Dingo kit too, which is nice, it's gone together rather well.

I do need to look into altering the steering linkage though as it's fouling the chassis and limiting articulation, but I'm sure theirs some kind of mod on how to fix that.

This is were I actually ended up getting to last night, I did carry on until about 3am lol, just tinkering away.

IMG_4444_zps944a32d2.jpg

And my new wheels arrived.

SSD-RC D hole steel beadlocks, yummy. (ignore the LiPo, that's for something else)

IMG_4445_zps9a3cecaa.jpg

Fitted my receiver box in it's final position, unless I decide to move the battery up front, which I might, might not, going to try it out stock first and see what happens.

Also fitted two of these SSD rims, I think they look awesome myself, something a bit different to what you usually see and bit out of my usual 'Landy' comfort zone lol.

20g in each front, no foams in either front or back... See how that runs.

IMG_4446_zpsc9d26d78.jpg

I'm the first person to admit I absolutely SUCK at lexan shells, cutting, trimming and especially lining them up, but this one I'm actually really proud of :D

Sad? Yes

Care? No :)

FYI; the rough looking bits are mainly just the film peeling off, from what I can feel.

IMG_4450_zpsa3fbbbf7.jpg

Edited by Oh How Original

Body is all trimmed up now Gaz, I've cut some more of the arches away, mainly because they were right in the middle in terms of size, not small enough to be just like 'trim' and not big enough to be manly arches, so I've trimmed them down a bit.

Colour will be blue primarily, although I'm not 100% sure on the 'theme' yet, so I'll leave it as a surprise :P