• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tt01 speed project

ts4n

Hmm why does 50mph sound familiar to me :lol:   

First thing i would do is upgrade the all of the drivetrain (metal diffs/ metal drive shafts/ and possibly bearings) 

The next thing i would do is get foam tires or some sorex touring car tires as i have seen these withstand 90mph and they provide tones of grip to, i would then start looking at what bodyshells, gearing and esc/motor.  

(If you want any foam tires you can have the ones from my old car for free as i have around 4 pairs of them and i don't use them anymore)

Edited by arogon1235

Hmm why does 50mph sound familiar to me :lol:   

First thing i would do is upgrade the all of the drivetrain (metal diffs/ metal drive shafts/ and possibly bearings) 

The next thing i would do is get foam tires or some sorex touring car tires as i have seen these withstand 90mph and they provide tones of grip to, i would then start looking at what bodyshells, gearing and esc/motor.  

(If you want any foam tires you can have the ones from my old car for free as i have around 4 pairs of them and i don't use them anymore)

are you still using the stock bushings ? If so get rid now some decent rubber shielded bearings do the trick

first thing id do is get a standard tt01 and then run it, see how it goes. then add the speed tuned gear set and see how it goes. tweek it run it.

I cant see why you would want to upgrade all gearbox and drive trains, why not run until you break and then replace what breaks, repair the weak spots.

it isnt the best chassis for gearing options too. as the motor mount has fixed gearing options

maybe a tt01 carbon chassi conversion??? has the option of tweeking the gearing for custom speed setups

I dunno why but last night decided my next build will be a speed car 1/10 hoping for 70mph to 100mph which is unlikly.

Since the only onroad ive had i enjoyed was the hpi sprint 2 sport i want to use one of those.

I looked on youtube and looks like people running standard with high gears are pulling 70-100 anyway.

If when i buy the car ill be posting for help on elecs. I think ill wait for a good used cheap rtr instead of beat roller, so i can mayb swap the rtr elecs for more suited motor. But the castle 5700kv is pretty good so who knows.

I have dx4c now so avc is possible too.