• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

answers pls

evssv

I love that dodge shell!

My lad would love that!!

I quite like the shell as well.....not garish colors like there normally r.....I gota 60amp esc spare from me boys carnage I found last night. ...so jus need a motor now....any recommendations on what kv would b good..... Edited by evssv

I tried to get that shell for mine but not in uk so went with a silverado instead,

Other than brushless, what's the plans?

not sure on the essential upgrades for one of these tbh...I did have a quik look through the sc section. ..but am still none the wiser..lol....I guess rpm in certain areas ....which ones??........is urs 2wd??...

Rear end chassis mod cut and shut with some alloy plating

two vattera twin hammer 1/10th rear trailing arms, and a traxxass or alike center gearbox transfer case (single output only )

a traxass sliding UJ  connecting transfer case to a solid 1/10th rear axle.

couple upper tie rods

a couple four good beefy shocks ( two will be slimline body without springs )

aim is to make this from a slash

camburg-engineering-trophy-truck-call-ou

NOW thats one hell of a slash ,you would pay nice moneys to own an rc looking like that 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Rear end chassis mod cut and shut with some alloy plating

two vattera twin hammer 1/10th rear trailing arms, and a traxxass or alike center gearbox transfer case (single output only )

a traxass sliding UJ connecting transfer case to a solid 1/10th rear axle.

couple upper tie rods

a couple four good beefy shocks ( two will be slimline body without springs )

aim is to make this from a slash

camburg-engineering-trophy-truck-call-ou

NOW thats one hell of a slash ,you would pay nice moneys to own an rc looking like that

that looks v.expensive!!...sum shocks it is then.......

Thats my choice what i would aim at, then again i like breaking stuff and gluing it together again in weird shapes. 

personally first off is, driving, whats it like flat out, what does she feel like in corners,

shallow sweeper corners

hard hairpin turns .

when she slides, how does

the front react , is there some grip or do it just fade out to nothingness.

these small pieces join the larger puzzle together, could shock oil and a set of light/heavy springs help on that bouncing

will a better front tie rod with adjustment and less slop tune that steering so it give every bite and kickback.

can you maybe drop a gearing ratio or two and feed that power in on the corners, where others lack speed

your able to carry it round with brute power and low down torques from the shorter ratio you carry to others. 

maybe up a ratio for that little extra top end speed on a longer more flowing track.

most of this thought comes from a racers point of view, but its also used in bashing to get your machine handling how you require it to.

remember its how YOU want it to drive and feel, we just offer up the ideas to make those changes happen. its then down to the end user to go out

and work out where he/she needs to start. 9-10 times it will be suspension - steering - gearing  

Suspension oil and springs, Now here you tend to find soft to medium springs fitted usually medium springs, the springs take the force of the initial impact

of the jump/bumps, the clever part is the oil inside, we call this a damper a little disc with small holes in. now remember that spring if you compress it and let it go it pings away.

REBOUND , now our oil and piston plate holes affect the rebound and make it less, the thicnkness of oil depends 35-60 weight , go for around 40 weight.

Steering, we tend to use adjustable tie rods that allow us to somewhat take up slack, but you can replace the ball joint and the tie rod end

with a more beefy version and a tighter fit, some companys will offer up a metal alloyrack arm plate or a carbon version. much stiffer than plastic and less prone to warping or bending

when under heavy load. 

gearing, most bashers have a collection of pinion gears, they will own more pinion gears than models but have a large range of choice over top end speed

or low down torquey grunt , wanna go faster you dont add a bigger engine, you tune it and the ratio to cope with whats required just like a real race car.

so if you have a standard gear fitted, you want to get a couple more. one will have two teeth exta, and one will have two teeth less 

14 16 18 , you can even go one tooth more and less 14 15 16 for a more tighter control.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy