• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

anyone fix motors on here?

froggy8

The rotor is dead. Once part of the magnet breaks it isn't fixable.

What motor is it?

As for the can, you won't know if it is still good until a replacement rotor is used.

Clean out the can and check for damage. Looks nice and fuzzy :)

what make is it ?  as you can get rotors for some motors.. but looking at it with a bit missing from it id think the windings will be damaged  

I think you are out of luck mate.

Sirius motors are long gone, and Castle as far as I know have stopped making the 1520.

Even though the 1520 is a similar size as the 1717, I'm not sure if the rotor would fit. Not worth the cost of trying. May as well just buy a 1717 to replace. :(

To be honest mate, it wont be worth it. The motor is now unbalanced due to missing a chunk, and the rotor is missing the kevlar coating, it also looks like the top plate has shifted outward too.

Any fix would be temporary.

If it was my motor, I'd try to repair it, but it would probably blow after a few uses.

ok il be taking it out just for a test, what is it i need to look at? is it the temp?

i know it works but lets say it cogs alot ( it only cogs when i slowly set it off) then ok fair dos, i will bin it but which motor would you recommend similar to the sirius 1520 please?

cheers mate,  just tried the motor and the esc wont turn on now so im guessing the motor might have fried my esc :(

Something similar happened to me when I bought a motor from hobbyking. Killed my esc the first time I switched it on. Suprisingly the motor had a small bit of metal in it despite being brand new and shorted out :(