• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

first rc build

BRIGGBOY81

Hi everyone, after years of wanting one i have finally decided to build my first rc car and as i have found memories of watching rallying as a kid in the 80's i have decided to build the tamiya lancia delta integrale xv-01. After quite allot of reading threads of other peoples builds i am still a little bit undecided on what motor and esc to get. Iam torn between any of these if they are any good and any input is greatly received.

motors

Flux PRO 13.5T Competition Brushless Motor

Team Orion Vortex VST2 Sport  13.5 motor

Hobbywing XERUN - 1/10 Sensored BL Motor V10 - 13.5T

Thunder Power 13.5T Stock Spec 540 BL Motor

esc

Hobbywing EZRUN-WP-SC8 -120A BL ESC

HPI Flux Emh-3s Brushless Esc

HPI Flux Vapor Pro Waterproof Speed Control 

The terrain will mostly be grass, rough tarmac and dirt track so if they are ok which is the best combo out of this lot. Also would 10.5t be more suited or will 13.5t on 3s lipo be ok. 

Thanks

Edited by BRIGGBOY81

Definitely go for the hobbywing sc8 wp its a brilliant esc, might be over the top for a 1/10 rc but if you get another car later you can fit the hobbywing into it and have 4s fun.

If your not intrested in 4s fun or 8th scales mayb another hobbywing will suit you better.

A low spec super cheap esc is the hobbywing 60a v2 esc its only 60amps but will run a 2wd schort course truck on 3s no problem. I even made one smoke like a jamaca rollie up and it still worked no issue. 

Flux escs see alittle smoke its put it in the bin time, if its a castle rebrand flux. But the hobbywing 60a has been a flux esc too. Hpi reload v2 its called.

Or mayb a newer hobbywing 80 amp quick run would do. 

The hw sc8 is one of the best out tho if it'll fit the car go for it. I paid just

Ok thanks for your reply, I will probably be getting a larger car in the future so have no problem buying that esc. I am leaning towards the hobbywing motor but just not certain on what size. Also what other chassis would you recommend.

ok i will get the hobbywing Hobbywing EZRUN 120 Amp Waterproof Brushless ESC and for the motor a Team Orion Vortex VST2 Sport Brushless Motor - 10.5. hopefully this will be ok for my rally car and what do you guys think. thanks

Edited by BRIGGBOY81

• 4 months later...