• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

setup help hobao h4e

hipwell

Hi guys raced my h4e again tonight and I love it. But I was tweaking the setup tonight to try and get faster As the car was very twitchy.

I layer the front shocks in by one hole and my lap times improved however if I took corners too agressivly I would grip roll because of too much grip.

I don't want to make any huge changes and make the car twitchy again as it feels great now just too much grip.

I was thinking about maybe raising the front roll centre to loose a bit of grip but keep the shocks where they are.

Or would reducing the camber a tad help? I was only running 1.5 degree all round.

Kit shock and roll centre on the rear. 1.5 camber all round. 2mm inner front 1mm outer front. 1 degree toe out front 3 degree rear. Front shock position 3rd hole from bottom. 25wt oil white springs. 5mm front height 5.5 rear as it won't go any lower. 5 front droop 4.5 rear.

I tried the setup you mentioned but it just didn't feel right.

It was mainly at the end of the main straight going into sweeping bend, most guys were able to do it flat out but I was having to tap the brakes before entering otherwise it would flip.

Lap times were still on par with he fast guys but I could've been even faster if I could have gone flat out round the bend.