• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI

Alex97

I can't see the point tbh, fg sell the sports line for around the same price and that is purpose built for on road, this thing is an off road car with a couple of changes and a

FG's are great. but are VERY limited - very little ground clearance, so must be golf-club-green smooth, or decent car parks / tarmac.

That was the main reason I got rid of mine ...

Using the Baja chassis opens up a few opportunities ... perhaps some decent rally shells would be more in-keeping?

Al.

FG's on road cars have 5mm of ground clearance!!!

Is this HPI's answer to the Losi Mini?

Nige.

No they don't, that is crazy thinking they have 5mm they can easily run over 15mm

The Mustang body looks good, but me being a Chevy guy, i'd love to see a Camaro or Vette with big superchargers on the hoods.

I'm interested to see this 'revised chassis and all new suspension geometry' to see what they've actually done. I'm praying they haven't done what Rovan have been doing with their onroad Baja clones...

Mine could climb over 10-15 mm, momentum taking it there, but not without the body catching / chaffing.

It was always possible to modify an FG chassis to be similar to an MCD, fit rally-style wheels / tyres and have said 15 mm, and use MCD bodies, with a little 'persuasion'.

FG's were mainly slammed road-racers.

Al.

How much ground clean

How much ground clearance do you have on your on road car when you race it?

Nige.

I run with 9mm at from 8mm at back but that is out of choice, my fg mini will go way over 20mm but I do agree the body can scrape on the floor so I put washers in the from body post to raise it up

That looks like a flat chassis, no kick at the front?

that is correct, kick ups and onroad cars don't have a good rap sheet, not to mention being a well known weak point on the off road versions as it is.

funny thing is only 4 parts need changing to do it, a job that any decent (someone you knows what they are doing) cad user could do in less than 20 seconds.

there are afew changes i've spotted, some easy to miss, and while it looks significant it as a wole in terms of time and money it most likely on par with the 5sc version.

personally while i like hpi are going for the on road style i have an issue with the shell, while it is a mustang (my favorite car) it looks like it was made with a over inflated balloon.

i don't see me getting one, but with the chassis layout of the baja platform there is one thing that i like, and thats the exhaust placement, while the stock box is total turd the tuned pipes can at least have the exit in the correct place, under the rear bumper, compared to most other chassis layout that see the exhaust being side mounted.

shell options could be interesting, bigger shells should mean better detail, something hpi seem to have missed, but on road tends to be a very specific area in largescale, most often used for racing, bashing doesn't often work out.

however considering its a modified off road chassis design there could be potential to make a half decent rally car, but 4wd would have been nice.

Rally style wheels and tyres and an 037 shell..........................................................................

Or a Mk2 Mexico................................................................

Stratos anyone???????????????

• Like 1