• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need some help with wheels.....

Nitroholic

Specifically...I am trying to find a set of wheels with as close as possible, a 37mm outside diameter.

KV1 wheels are about right...but just look all wrong and have no rubber tyre.

Panzer III too small.... Tiger too big.

M41 or Pershing look about right, or would do if I fill in the middle section... but I have nothing to go by in terms of measure.

Any chance someone can check and see if there is a ready made solution or something I can covert?

M41 Henglong upper runner wheels 

OD: 22mm no rubber on those ( only x3 uppers)

M41 road wheels 

OD : 41 - 42mm , x5 running wheels,   the OD not inc road rubber is 39mm, so you have roughly 3-4mm or rubber showing

more like 3mm. the lower road wheel spacing center of hub to center of hub (rear to front inc sproket and idler) around 53mm

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Thanks Shepp :)

I'll keep that as a backup idea. I have been having some discussions with Bez around 3D printing, which I am hoping will give me the EXACT wheels I want. I am also getting him to 3D print the suspension arms as well. These can then have far more detail than I could ever add scratch building. The 3D printed arms may not be that strong...but I plan to build the inner pairs from ally sheet, and to line the inside of the outer ones with another thinner ally piece to support them.

If I have any doubts about the strength of the wheels....I can shave them down and fit them into the Leopard wheels and use them as covers to give the right external profile