• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

2015 Hpi baja 5R on road (pics in the link)

Hawkpalmer

I like that, but how much to replace that bodyshell? Two hundred notes? It doesn't bear thinking about!

A brushless version would be fun, but the on road only factor would soon get tiresome. Unless you were to fit hostiles and make it a rally car? It must have enough clearance to run on grass, surely?

That's where this concept should be heading! I've got it! Spikey Hostile tyres and a "Dukes of Hazard" lid!

Yeeeer haaah!

• Like 2

A brushless version would be fun

That's where this concept should be heading! I've got it! Spikey Hostile tyres and a "Dukes of Hazard" lid!

Yeeeer haaah!

Dude, you been inside my cranium again??

I'm having one, got a combo sitting here, it makes perfect sense to me, though I'd prefer a clear shell.

Dude, you been inside my cranium again??

I'm having one, got a combo sitting here, it makes perfect sense to me, though I'd prefer a clear shell.

Yes, I popped in, knew you wouldn't mind as there's plenty of room! ;)

Will they release a roller? Doubt it.

Always welcome, as long as you take a bag of fluff away when you leave ;)

Roller....I hope so, however neither the orange shell or 'free' and worthless gasser parts will be a barrier...the only issue will be if an existing conversion kit would not fit (new, on road chassis), but then isn't that where the application of cunning and possibly a hammer come to the fore???

It's big, bright and ballsy! Hpi know me too well, lol ;)

Nice, bit of a cheap out from hpi from the looks though - nothing there you couldn't do fairly easily with a 5b and a shell.

That's just HPI dude :)

I wouldn't mind buying a kit version of this though, haven't had a genuine HPI from new before and this would be a good excuse to get back into RC ;)

I wonder if you could fit any of the larger engines under there. Probably the 50, but I doubt the RCMAX 70

The main problem with those engines is the exhaust, I'm sure it could be shoe horned.

Doubt the TC cage would fit under the shell though, so for rally, if you jump and roll, that's probably your shell destroyed.

Cos it costs money. But the Baja is a proven platform, it's by no means a "dead horse", so why spend money when the tills are still ringing?

A 4wd to compete against the 5ive would be nice though.