• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

pull start conversion (newbie)

grizzler_22

Presuming that the car is starter box compatible then all you have to do is buy a box and battery...charge it and line up the pegs then off you go. You can remove the pullstart and one way bearing and then fit a closed backplate but it is not imperative.

However some cars can not be used with a starter box and others may need things changing for it to work...and not all boxes will work with all box compatible cars...

What car is it?

It's a habao hyper 7 28 edition.

SMD box is very good and will work with it without any changes....I have one and power it with a 12v 7AH SLA battery but you can use lipo or stick packs too.

Take care to line the pegs up properly as the chassis hole is quite tight...I find it easier to remove the engine.

If you want to remove the pullstart bits then this is the closed backplate for the Macstar.28- http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=25892&gclid=CNaE4--vucMCFSYTwwod35AAGQ

Yes...more or less...remove pullstart...remove backplate (put piston at top of cylinder (TDC) before pulling)...remove one way bearing (turbo fan)...then fit new backplate.

I always use a little RTV sealant but you will have a new O ring on the new backplate so no need really...but peace of mind if you do have some.

Oh and make sure the surrounding area is clean before removing old backplate...do not want any dirt dropping in.

Edited by Anthoop