• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Not sure if im sad or have an adiction?

Daveyb84

Hopefully im not the only one. 

I rediscovered RC about 18 months to 2 years ago but its only recently ive been massively into them again. 

Ive bought 4 cars in the space of about 9 weeks and i find my self constantly looking for more and at others. Trawling Ebay looking for bargains etc. I wwant all different sizes and types. i think im driving the girlfriend a bit crazy to be honest and because i work from home i literally spend most of my days on here too. 

so my list of wanted cars is forever growing. Surely im not the only one like this? 

So the list, 

Carisma GTB

Traxxas XO-1

Traxxas Summit 

Axial Yeti

HPI Blitz

Tamiya MO3 / 5

Tamiya Formula Car F103 / F104

Some Kind of 5th Scale - MAverick Monster Truck, KM X2, HPI Baja or something 

and basically anything else that comes up cheap and needs restoring. I have a thing for underdogs and wanting to make them competitive / worthy as well

Missed one off, some kind of old school tamiya tc chassis too, so like a ta01, ta02 

Edited by Daveyb84

I've been like that since '06, welcome to the club. The fleet now stands at eight cars, but I'm trying not to spend much on them.

I'm barely off the forum, only when I'm asleep!

My list of cars and upgrades is long.

Yes, I'm an addict and I need help, thank you for listening.

my name is Chris, i'm an RCOholic, lost my wife and kids, house, mistress, cats, goldfish, canary, and guinea pigs. Now living in a 22 x 14 ft wooden shed will all RC stuff. Never been happier, i can leave my shoes at the wooden door when i come in and guess what ... they are still there when i get up in the morning. if i leave the paper next to my fold up chair at night........ its still there in the morning. If i have a little wind, i can enjoy the moment without any other noise interference.

I can even watch the programs i find interesting on TV be it Lizard lick towing, or Andre Reus.

My breakfast and tea taste great normally but if they turn out rubbish i dont have to eat it and throw it out the door for the fox and badger.........

Why did they not teach this at school..........................

• Like 1

Definitely not the only one, bought my first RC in Nov, now got two cars and one tank, loads of mods on the cars and can't stop looking at Ebay.

Between me n my son we have 15 rc's....and I'm always looking for that bargain...or spares I don't really need....i have 2 massive crates of wheel n tyres....and yes my missis has had about enuff...i can't jus buy a rc and go ' look at me new rc..."...she'd go absolutely nuts!!..so I gota b sneaky about it....i wish I didn't but if I have to..i have to...

• Like 1

You always seem to be just "one" away from the complete collection too....

Been into this a fair few years now and I've had loads, sold loads and still want loads, doubt it will ever change for me.....

• Like 1

I must admit i thought i was a bit sad when at 30 years old i got my first hobby grade RC and thought to myself "Where have you been all my life!" (Don't tell my wife i said that)

Ive had a few hobbies but i can see this one staying with me.

Edited by Honeybadger

I am the same, got into this again, after enjoying it as a 14 year old boy or whatever.

Now 21, had a job and money and all went on this hobby, It is here to stay for me.

Unfortunately the gf I have is not understanding of my hobby, as she thinks I need all the money I can get to move out, which will come in due time as I'm just about to start a new job. She doesn't understand the attachment I have to my blitz as I have spent a lot of time and money to get it to where it is now.

My Ascender got sold :( My blitz is locked in her shed (and up for sale) so I'm not allowed to use that, and dare I spend a penny on anything RC she would kill me... sucks a little, but life is short and I will have fun when I can.

I bought a slash 4x4 vxl in 2012, with a lipo and charger. We had to move house in 2014 because all the rc's we own needed more room, and yet still they enter the house...

I love this hobby. My wife, not so much ;)

Yes I'm another RCholic guilty of both. It was under control, but it seems to have gotten way out of hand in the last three months, 5 new Tamiya RC's seems wrong!! I don't have any space to display them at the moment, not without remodelling my study! 

Wife is currently very tolerant, and talking about another RC for her! She's more into it than the kids! I'm also getting geared up for airbrushing which might test that tolerance but she's looking forward to having a go at that too ;) She's happier to have me as a saddo with my toy cars than being down the pub so not meeting much resistance at the moment! Think it's more about how much time I spend on it and here, and researching that probably tests her more so I tend not to do much during weeknights.

It's a great hobby because we can enjoy it with the kids also. This Bruiser build I'm doing at the moment has been all consuming but that's just the nature of that particular kit and why I'm taking it slowly, I've stopped counting hours spent on that now!

Cheers

Nito

Its a cheap hobby compared to some others  :thumbsup:  I got back into RC big time last year, and went from a 'couple' of cars I'd held on to for years, to a pretty sizeable fleet (15+ at one point).

I re-discovered racing and got really into that, so my focus shifted a bit. Downsized my collection a little to make way for more race-orientated cars, its nice to enjoy both.

Just started learning to fly RC planes, ordered my 2nd one last night, OH NO ANOTHER ADDICTION!  :sweatdrop:  :sweatdrop:

But its fun, you learn stuff, and meet people, along the way  :yes:

As others have said, you could be spending your money on worse things, at least you have something to show for it.

It's a great hobby to be into and I've made some of the nicest friends & people since I started.

exactly. ....if shtf I have atleast 1000+ quid in rc stuff to recoup sum money if need b.....if I lived down the pub every night after work. ..what would I have to show for my Edited by evssv