• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my hardcase battery does not fit help!

ben06

you have your light source incorrect so image is blown out. 

you want the light source ie: window behind you, then take a step to one side so not to shade the

area your photographing, now take a picture, it should be alot more clear and see'able. 

at the mo the images are to blown for me to give advice, have a couple more trys with camera

and having the window behind you when you take a picture.

the problem your getting is camera sees that window full of light and adjust to it, so the light is nice and bright but everything else is out of contrast.

Hit it with a hammer to flatten it out a bit then slide it in.

... I'm joking, please don't hit it with a hammer.

This is precisely why measuring your stuff before buying it helps.

Measure twice, buy once.

Unlikely you'll be able to 'make' it fit safely to be honest... You don't want to really squash a LiPo into a space it simply doesn't fit.

• Like 1

depends on how much its stuck by if it is very small you could file/grind a small amount off the cars lip to allow it to fit. (it will weaken the lip though so don't take too much off)
other than that you will just have to buy another lipo that actually fits the gap/space you have as a lipo is not something you can adjust the size of safely.

are you going to be hardcore bashing ? or looking to track race ? 

bashing wise its not a bad idea to have a hardcase, BUT !!! 

in a track day race your wanting a lighter shell, so most racers will run soft packs.

its a lipo battery just not shoved in a thick plastic shell, you also find a softpack is more smaller than a hardcase battery. 

depending on if your going to be throwing it around into kerbs and through razor blades you could get away with a softcase lipo.

costs less and more possible a better fitting match to your chassis. 

• Like 1

in a track day race your wanting a lighter shell, so most racers will run soft packs.

its a lipo battery just not shoved in a thick plastic shell, you also find a softpack is more smaller than a hardcase battery. 

depending on if your going to be throwing it around into kerbs and through razor blades you could get away with a softcase lipo.

Thanks for the advice but really all i do is go out with my mates over car parks and that so bit of bashing untill i get better lol

Sorry fella, miles off, when racing you need roar approved lipos which are all hard cased for safety reasons to do with the brca.

Depends on the vehicle but if it's something that "might" get knocked about, hard case is the way to go.....

Photos - already stated - I can't see the situation clearly either.

Looks like its a moulding, so no way of removing a support and inserting a spacer washer.

The bottom of the battery tray looks like a Dremel might be able to modify it, or even that there are inserts there that might be able to be removed ..??

Can't see.

Al.