• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Radio Gear

Ben Willis

So, as per the title I am looking for some new radio gear. I'd like something that wont break the bank too hard, but is reliable and I can bind multiple receivers to. In the future I'd possibly like to add telemetry.

Ive narrowed down to the flysky gt3c and the spektrum dx4c.

I like the price of the flysky but I imagine it won't last so long and I don't think it has the capability for telemetry?

The spektrum looks higher quality and looks better overall (it is more expensive after all) but can this one deal with telemetry on it's relatively small screen??

Any opinions and suggestions are welcome :)

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flysky kit is fine.

As for telemetry, do you really need it?? Sensors aren't renowned for giving accurate data anyway, and it is something else that could fail.

The money saved by buying the flysky leaves enough over to buy a temp gun:more reliable and accurate than a sensor ;)

The absima cr3p looks like its pretty good for the money, not much more money than the flysky either.

One question, does it show battery voltages for both transmitter and receiver??

Hi mate I have a cr3p and it doesn't show receiver voltage but will bind with fly sky receivers which are cheap as chips.

What u using it for bashing or racing?

I would just be using for bashing, but I want something that will be reliable as don't want lots of money being poured down the drain on repairs when I lose signal :)

Battery voltage is one of the features I'm most interested in as even a failsafe won't stop a runaway due to low batteries :)

Was looking at the Flysky fs-it4 and the Absima cr4t, are they exactly the same apart from the case, as the software, receiver and telemetry modules all look very similar?

Edited by Ben Willis