• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Leaky corsa c

speedods

I wasnt gonna just use plasti to seal it, i was gonna reseal it then spray over the new seal with plastidip to prolong it a bit

that may work until you go and press the pedal and you have no brakes then its new underwear time.

i`ve had the brake pads just fall apart on a car and its some scary stuff luckily there was no other cars infront of at the time and i slowed down enough to actually stop it safely don`t take the chance 

...you know the leaky booster is comon on corsas right? I dont mean its leaking brake fluid, i mean its letting rain water into the corsa, i should have been more clear lol..the booster is bolted to the firewall area and has a seal around it that perishes..people use tiger seal to fix it..sorry if i confused you into thinking i meant brake fluid lol

So what you are talking about is the brake servo to bulkhead seal,

Just loosen the bolts from inside the car, so you can move it away from the bulkhead and sqeeze some mastick behind it and tighten the bolts back up,

On the corsa c, there is a section of bulkhead on drivers side which is a bolt in pedal box assembly, held in with 13mm head size bolts and sealer, the sealer goes hard with age and cracks, which in turn allow rain water into the car, so the fix is once all stripped down to gain access, spend some time and dig out all old black sealer, make sure all bolts holding pedal box in are tight, then reseal like u would reseal a bath

• Like 1

On the corsa c, there is a section of bulkhead on drivers side which is a bolt in pedal box assembly, held in with 13mm head size bolts and sealer, the sealer goes hard with age and cracks, which in turn allow rain water into the car, so the fix is once all stripped down to gain access, spend some time and dig out all old black sealer, make sure all bolts holding pedal box in are tight, then reseal like u would reseal a bath

and the question is after doing all that, would a spray over of plastidip benefit or be pointless

Spose It wouldn't hurt! I've never done it myself tho! Think plastidip is meant for waterproofing elec components!

If the leak is comming in from passenger side it will be comming in through the lid of the black box next to the battery! The body control module is inside so people refer to it as the bcm box! Just go down to ure local vauxhall parts department and get a new bcm box lid