• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra V100 vs. TT01 for budget & dual purpose?

TurboFurball

I'm curious to know if anyone has any info on the relative merits of these two in regards to drifting?

I'm thinking of giving it a go, but would like to put my (meagre) money into a tourer that can also drift, and can have enough clearance to be run outdoors etc.  The Vaterras look to be very good for the money!

Also, does anyone know the difference between the V100S and V100C?

Thanks in advance!

I'm curious to know if anyone has any info on the relative merits of these two in regards to drifting?

I'm thinking of giving it a go, but would like to put my (meagre) money into a tourer that can also drift, and can have enough clearance to be run outdoors etc.  The Vaterras look to be very good for the money!

Also, does anyone know the difference between the V100S and V100C?

Thanks in advance!

Afaik the V100s is brushless, the c being brushed.  Wireless madness had the silvia v100c for

• Like 1

I've got a Vaterra V100 and I love it, for drifting you need the adjustable camber set and turnbuckles' so you can play with the grip. Mine is mainly used as a tarmac basher so the only adjustable bit I've got are the front turnbuckle set off a TT01 to change the front toe. Its a very stable chassis and if you get some hard slicks, makes a mean powerslider for higher speed fun :)

Chassis is exactly the same, just the power plant is different. Those diffusers are screwed onto the bodyshell so they are removable. I've got the V100-S. Had the R35 GTR when I bought it.

Fitted the ally driveshaft and diff cups, runs upto 4s. Mainly run on 3s but bearing in mind I'm running a 1:8 esc in there and a 540 motor capable of 4s, pretty evil solid chassis.

Edited by NuttyProfessor

Having now taken it to bits and put it together again, it really is lovely.  The diffs look to be pretty bulletproof, the plastics great, and it's well engineered ... and yes, I know that stuff unbolts but getting it with the car saves having to buy stuff ;-)

TT01 struggles to hold big power plants, ran mine on 7900kv on 2s and it got minced, the TT02 is a more solid platform but id still take the Vaterra over the Tamiya after owning both. Tamiya comes with plastic dogbones, Vaterra comes with plastic CVD's so the drivetrain is a bit more robust for a 3s setup like I run. Plenty of ally bits but like Tamiya, they are expensive and being ally will bend if you hit anything hard but I did get the ally cups and prop as a bare minimum, TT02 Prop is cheaper and fits perfect btw but the Vaterra uses different cups, they lock in via a pin grub screw to the diff pinion shafts like you would get on a 1:8 so was built for abuse.

Yeah but having a dedicated drift chassis is just that, dedicated. Cant use it as a tourer because of the locked rear diff and front spool, you can but it wont like it. I don't have the finesse for drifting so I enjoy fat powerslides instead. I let Scratcher have a go on my V100, he settled straight in and was enjoying it and he's a proper drifter.